Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (britshorty)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-13-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
This summer I put a set of XM7s on my tower and I absolutely love them, sound great and amazingly loud. Nothing was wrong with them until randomly they will get a buzz coming out of them no matter what the volume is set at. The loudness/frequency of the noise seems to be determined by the amount of throttle using. Sometimes it will be there, sometimes not. All I have to do is switch off the sound system entirely and then switch it on and it will be gone. After that it might come back at the end of a song or it won't at all. I'm pretty sure they aren't blown out, the buzz only seems to come from the left speaker so i switched them over and it was still just the left.

What could be wrong? is it a powering issue or cabling issue somewhere? I have the ws-420. If i plug my zune directly into the aux on that the buzz seems to happen less often than when I plug into the aux spot provided on the boat.

If you need any more information to potentially help debug it let me know.

Thanks