Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (shawnmdarnell)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-23-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
Went by Acme Tops and Tunes in Sacramento to pick up some more malco cleaner and asked Ben if he could order it by the gallon because i went through that little bottle so fast. He laughed and made a call and sure enough he can get it by the gallon. Here's the info if anyone is interested, thought all you cleaning fanatics would like to get in on this.

Here is a breakdown: 16oz btl = $10-13, 8btl's to make a gallon= $80-104/gallon

$30.00 for local pick up and $40-$45 shipped.

Call Ben at 916) 429-2293 or stop by Acme Tops & Tunes Inc. 6430 Franklin Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95823

http://acmetopsandtunes.com/index.html
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-23-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
Only way I ever get it from the local rep.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2011, 4:59 AM Reply   
I've never tried Malco. Why is it so great? I heard totally awesome cleaner is essentially the same thing...any truth to that?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
I heard totally awesome cleaner is essentially the same thing...any truth to that?
There is speculation that it is the same but no one has fully confirmed it. It's said to work just as well but I've never tried a side by side comparison.

Why is it so great? It just flat out works so damn well. I'm a clean freak when it comes to my boat. I clean my vinyl ALL the time and would do so with Babes even throughout the day when we'd be out. I was ashamed when I used Malco out how dirty my vinyl actually was. I did a thread on it a couple years ago. Do a search for it. It was pretty funny the online stores sold out that day
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       03-24-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Get a gallon here for $15.95 plus shipping. I have never used it. Is everybody sure it does not hurt the vinyl?

http://www.perfectfit.com/15326/1559...l-Cleaner.html
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is everybody sure it does not hurt the vinyl?
Yes, its made for vinyl and Sparky Jay and Darren Yearsley on here have been using it for years on their boats. We have also been using it for years at our dealership.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
hey, quick question on the malco. how critical do you have to be rinsing it with fresh water?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
I don't rinse it off unless I'm doing heavy deep cleaning. I use a diluted bottle for inbetween cleanings then follow that up with a conditioner from Babes.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-24-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
yeah, i'm just wiping it off with a clean wet towel. sure is pretty impressive. better than equisite imo. i need to score a gallon. i bought a tester bottle from amazon and the shipping was more than the product!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-24-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
Get in touch with the local Rep he's here out of snohomish but goes all over. Last time I talked to him he'd sold to a lot of wake worlders.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2011, 5:13 AM Reply   
About wiping off: I reviewed Material Safety Data Sheet. This product has a pH of 11-14 from addition of caustic soda.. It absolutly needs to be wiped off. Dont get it in your eyes. You will be flopping around like a fish out of water. I bet it cleans very well. Cuastic soda remove grease type staines . IMO I would not use this product on newer Supra because it will most likely remove the OEM protective coating.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-25-2011, 6:24 AM Reply   
Like any product, definately test a hidden spot before you start using it. The place ( detail shop) where I buy mine from said they ruined the leather interior of a jag they did. It discolored the leather..appranetly it was a dyed leather. I only use the malco cleaner 2-3 times a year...I use the exqusite cleaner ( very mild) every few weeks.