Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-02-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
If you get a nasty spill on your carpet, give Spot Shot a try.

A couple of weeks ago, I went out with one of my regular crew and two new guys -- friends from work that I hadn't boarded with before.

I didn't notice but one of the new guys brought his Starbucks coffee on board with him. The first time I put the hammer down to start a rider, his coffee went flying -- all over me and even worse, all over the carpet. I saw the coffee flying in slow motion, screaming to myself, "This cannot be happening." But it did. He was very apologetic but nevertheless, I had a big coffee stain to get out of my baby (05 X-2).

It was really nasty to get out. First I tried Resolve. Two applications made little difference. Then I tried Folex, which was highly recommended. After the first treatment dried, the stain was still mostly there. The second treatment got more of the stain out, but it was still very noticeable. Ugh. Another friend recommended Spot Shot and dropped off a can. Here it is, day three, and I'm still trying to get the stain out.

The first treatment of Spot Shot got almost all of the stain out. And the second got the rest out.

Spot Shot rocks.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
spot shot works very well for stains. it smells kind of nasty, almost like wd40, but it does work. long term i think it can draw more dirt to the area you clean, but i think if you're careful and can wash it out with water afterwords, who cares. i had a grease stain on my carpet after some warranty work, and had to use it as well. worked like a champ. my mom turned me on to it.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-03-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Yeah it smells like wd40. No coincidence -- it's made by the wd40 company!

I know it says to wash it out well with water afterwards. I haven't done that yet; thanks for the reminder that I should.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2006, 11:42 AM Reply   
See what happens when your regulars go on vacation. You really should lecture your regulars about their vacation time in the summer months.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
Never heard of it, I'm guessing you can buy it at the grocery store?
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Dry clean by Blue Coral works pretty good too and smells nice. Never tried it in boats but have used it on a number of vehicles.

I will have to try the spot shot.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
The Oxy-Clean product made by Clorox works wonders on stains. Color safe too!