Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    agudom            11-29-2004, 8:08 AM Reply   
I live in Argentina and here we dont get a lot of options of wakeboards and boots.
Ive been wakeboarding for less than a year with this SUPER crapy wakeboard and bindings, its almost like a toy wakeboard... but even with that, i can do w2w jumps, 180's, 360's and w2w 360's.
And as my bro is goin to USA i decided buying a couple of goodies.
Ive just finished ordering at buywake.com a hyperlite premier DNA 136 board and a 2004 hyperlite parks binding. Now i cant wait the 15 days until my brother comes back!
anyone have this set up? do you think it will improve my ride?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-29-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
I personally don't like the Premier, I found it to be a little sluggish on edge and especially on the pop. However I have more than one friend who swears by the board. It all comes down to riding style. I did find the pop to be really abrupt and real nice when I waited for it. The TFD suits my riding style better. I however ride an LF Substance.

If you're riding a "toy wakeboard" it should definetly help your riding, you just may find yourself adjusting your riding style to the board. Best of luck with the board and I hope it suits and works out awesome for you.
Old    sbvfive            11-29-2004, 9:54 AM Reply   
Good for you. It is awesome that you can do all those tricks on a toy board....the premier is sure to improve your riding!! I don't personally ride it, but it is defenitely a good board! Have fun with it!!

Another note to consider...you made it seem in your post that your bro is going to pick up your gear and bring it back for you. That is cool, but I believe that buywake.com will ship internationally, so you can order gear from them whenever you want!

http://www.buywake.com/customerservice/international.lasso

Check out this link
Old    agudom            11-29-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
i know they sell internationally, but shipping stuff to argentina is complicated, customs will make me pay hundreds of dollars of taxes, if i bring it trough the airport I dont pay them.
Old    sbvfive            11-29-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
Oh, that explains it...well, congrats on your purchase, you'll enjoy it!!
Old    murrayair            11-29-2004, 3:32 PM Reply   
I remember how excited I was to get my first "real" setup (an 02 Belmont 136 w/ Belmonts). It's a real thrill! Hope you like your new gear, Agustin!

(Message edited by murrayair on November 29, 2004)
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-29-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
I used to have a plastic wakeboard that I bought at wal-mart. I upgraded to a fiberglass board and I notice a big improvement. You should have a lot more fun a decent set-up.