Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Hey everybody -- I can't make the Northwest Wakefest this year, but I'm trying to figure out what the plan is for this weekend (Labor Day). I've gotta get out somewhere, but don't have a plan yet...

Anybody going to Pateros? I'm positive the Motor Inn is booked out already, but I know they allow tents as long as somebody in the group pays for a room. Anybody willing to sponsor me so I can tent it?

If not...where's everybody else gonna be? Wherever you're at -- do they still have campsites available?

I'm not bringing my whole crew this time -- just five or so people and the boat.

Thanks!
-Cal
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Come to Roosevelt you can camp at my cabin if you bring a boat or just camp on the beach that's always fun. We're going to go out and beach camp sunday night it looks like.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Ryan -- thank you for the offer -- I'm trying to stay a bit closer though. We are only heading over for two nights so I think Roosevelt is a bit far from Seattle if I'm trailering the boat. Thanks though, that's a great offer...!
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 4:16 PM Reply   
Yeah Roosevelt is a hike I usually like to make more than a weekend out of it if I'm going. I'll be there thursday through monday so it's worth it. Good luck finding a campsite it's usually rough on weekends in Eastern Washington no matter what. Some that do take overflow though are Orondo city park on Lake Entiat, Daroga has tent camping where you can park your boat on a dock and camp, Entiat may have some tent sites. Utility sites will be hard to come by.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
I am not sure when I get back from Albany, so I am laying low avoiding crowds this weekend and staying on Lk. WA and Lk. Samm. UW game on Sunday, 1st game. Think I may go by boat over to the game.

Cal - if you stay in town and need a third on Saturday or Monday, let me know.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
I am bummed I'm missing the first Huskies game my roommate keeps rubbing that in, the glass on Roosevelt better make up for it. Wait I might be jinxing myself....
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 4:42 PM Reply   
Well Ryan, if I can figure out a way to get all of the boats on the east side of the mountains for this weekend, Lk. WA and Lk. Samm could have glass AND I will get to party by boat on the way to the first game of the year in addition to boarding....football, drinks, boarding and surfing.....oh what a great thought!

Very unlikely, but I will get up early and try for glass.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
Laci -- you'd better not be hijacking my thread.

Ryan -- thanks for the advice. I'm gonna call those places right now and check. I don't need a utility site...just a 6x6' grassy spot and a boat launch nearby.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
No luck at Entiat. Reservation places are full -- first come first served places say there's not a chance if I'm arriving Friday night.

So...anybody going to Pateros??? Anywhere else?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-01-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
Cal - Me....hijack, huh....I am blonde I guess. I don't know what you are talking about. You are a husky, you should understand 1st game of the year excitement.

I will not be at Pateros this weekend. Happy now? I hope you find many boats and people to go with you across the mountains. (and leave the lakes in Seattle open for the weekend).
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-01-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
I was only teasin'... ;)

But have fun at the game! Hopefully the Dawgs can pull off a somewhat decent season this year...
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 5:02 PM Reply   
Laci- good luck with the glass if not just drink on the way to the game...go dawgs lets hope they start the season off on the right note. Cal I kinda figured every place with reservations would be full it was worth a try for tent sites though. You could always poach and see if someone would let you rent a tent spot from them for some pulls behind the boat....just a thought. I'd give up some ground for a pull behind a boat.
Old    theflyinburrito            09-01-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
ill be at sunbanks banks lake 1 mile from grand coulee dam with 3 camgrounds and 1 rv spot right on the water in a private lagoon, theres about 12 of us but theres always room for more
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2004, 7:30 AM Reply   
Cal,

Call Pateros Motor Inn. I think they have one or two rooms left. If you have a room, the motel won't object to having a couple of tents on the property.

509-923-2203
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Hey Cliff, darn. There's nothing left at Pateros -- but I'm on "the list". Sounds like it just filled up (I'm surprised since Don told me it was booked a while back). We'll see if I get in there. In the meantime, I'm gonna keep pitching the tent idea...

We have a back-up plan now, so that's good -- the Ellensburg Rodeo is this weekend, and the Yakima river, my Sevylor raft, and PBR have been calling my name for a while now...
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-02-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Josh -- That's the same problem I'm running into with Roosevelt... we really don't want to tow that far for just a couple nights. Thank you -- it's very nice of you to offer!
Old     (angelamonson)      Join Date: May 2004       09-07-2004, 6:17 AM Reply   
Well, how was Pateros? was it crowded? post pics
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-07-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Angela, and Cal

It's the weekend of the 18th.

There are still rooms left at the Alta Lake Golf course, and plenty of open camp grounds at the Alta Lake State Park. Both of these places are about a mile from the water if anyone is interested.
Old     (villageidiot)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-07-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
Ya, I know...thanks Cliff. I'm gonna try and make a day trip up there the weeekend of the 18th, but figure it probably won't happen -- I'll be busy watching my movers unpack me. That's the same weekend I move into my new house over in Yakima...and that's a bit of a trek (~3 hours?).