Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Jamesmade)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
heading to laughlin for 5 days at the end of this month. Looking at getting a slip at katherines landing to avoid having to launch/recover everyday. Is there a safe place to leave the trailer at katherines? Is it safe to leave the boat at katherines. I assume like everywhere else dont leave boards in the boat, and anything of value. does anyone have any recent experience with katherines landing in mohave?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-11-2010, 8:30 PM Reply   
I don't have any recent experience but quite a few years back it was basically a wait list for a slip. Put your name on the list and you had to be present to get the slip. The list was long and I remember sitting there for hours in the marina while we waited for our name to be called. Once you got it you were golden. I have waited in line at that launch ramp for 2 hours before, so it was definitely worth the slip.

I had some friends who had a bunch of stuff stolen from their boat in the marina during that time. There were a bunch of other boats being broken into as well. About a year later they found out that the thiefs were scuba diving in during the night and ripping everything off, then scuba'ing out with what they could. They found their house loaded with tons of the stolen stuff. Crazy theives.
Old     (Jamesmade)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-12-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
yeah i called and they said it was first come first serve. Getting to town on wednesday so hopefully it wont be a problem getting the slip.(knock on wood) is there a safe place to leave the trailer at katherines landing though?
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-12-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
they have a few big parking lots along the main road to Katherines where you can leave the trailer. Its walking distance to the slips. I recommend a lock on the tongue of your trailer.
Old     (Jamesmade)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
just got back from mojave. I got there one wednesday afternoon around 4pm. Got a slip without a problem what so ever. Was on the water wed thur and fri and the water was pretty nice in the morning. on sat the wind picked up alot and was pretty choppy. all in all had a great time and would highly recommend it. left the trailer in one the big parking lots with a lock on the trailer and there was no problem with anything what so ever. Looking forward to going back in october. Is it still hot then and is the water still warm?
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Hey James, how much did they charge? And did it look like they had slips left over?
Old     (Jamesmade)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
the slips were 28.50/day. yeah there were some slips but on sat the slips seemed like they had alot of boats in them. but on wed when we rolled in town they had a whole ton of slips . They are first come first serve and you can find out the availability in the store at the marina at katherines landing
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-02-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesmade View Post
just got back from mojave. I got there one wednesday afternoon around 4pm. Got a slip without a problem what so ever. Was on the water wed thur and fri and the water was pretty nice in the morning. on sat the wind picked up alot and was pretty choppy. all in all had a great time and would highly recommend it. left the trailer in one the big parking lots with a lock on the trailer and there was no problem with anything what so ever. Looking forward to going back in october. Is it still hot then and is the water still warm?
Its still warm...you may have thunderstorms but other then that october is a good time to go.