Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-31-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
After watching footage of a couple double ups taken from the pull boat (very bouncy footage) It made me wonder what is the best way to go about getting these shuttle launches on film clean. I will post the video soon
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-01-2009, 5:56 AM Reply   
Either you need to be in a different boat, or you need to be able to recover from the bouncing very quickly. Those are the only two ways that I've found to stop from bouncing.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
We usually film them so that thr boat drives around the chase boat or that the chase bout is not moving.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-01-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
I'm with Andy. We park the chase where the wakes are going to cross and wait. If you've got a good double up driver its easy. Moving double ups are way to hard to film IMO
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2009, 8:42 AM Reply   
Luker

Ryan Taylor would tell us there easy to shoot from a chopper!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-01-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
LOL. Perhaps someday ;)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-01-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
Anyone have a link to a good video on how to drive the double ups? We've been playing with them just last week, and I'd like to know I'm driving as best I can for the best outcome.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-01-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
Shawn, upple dubs are about as unique as a fingerprint IMHO. I have driven a lot of them and watched a lot of guys hit them. I have seen them driven like a P and reverse P. I have also seen them driven dog legged (with a 30 to 60 degree turn). Even after the turn is made I have seen people throw kinks in the line in either direction depending on what they want. Realistically it really comes down to what the rider likes the most and the area permits. Dog legged dubs are generally required when your trying to hold a line. Kinks are something you gotta feel out.

The TWO most important things I pay attention to when driving one are: making sure the boat is settled into speed a good couple of seconds before hitting the rollers with the boat and hitting the rollers with the boat squared up/not leaning at at the rider's preferred angle (tee-d up, closed or open).
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-01-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Ode to the Kinker upple Dub! They are hands donw the best part about wakeboarding!!!!!!

Upload
this is the meat I serve!

(Message edited by andy nintzel on September 01, 2009)
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-01-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I can't wait to get some good clean ones on film! Sounds like a perfect Sunday