Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-13-2005, 12:08 AM Reply   
After months of agony I finally made my decision today, I bought a new SV211. I came really close to buying a Malibu Sunscape (awesome boat) but the Nautique just seemed to fit my needs a little better. Yes the fact that a Nautique has been part of my family since 1972 did factor into my decision. It's a known that I can live with. Both boats were great it just came down to some very minor details that stacked to cards toward the Nautique decision.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-13-2005, 12:19 AM Reply   
You will love your purchase. I have been out in
Clubmyke's SV211 and it is sweet! and throws a nice stock weight...Put about 1000lbs in after stock ballast, and the wake is SICK and very hard.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 4:17 AM Reply   
congrats !!!! what color combo did you go with ?

and daniel is right, add about 900-1000 lbs (with small crew) and the wake is first class all the way.

dont forget to post pics..
Old     (drj)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-13-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Mikeski. Are you Polish?
Old     (drj)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-13-2005, 8:39 AM Reply   
Sorry if I offended anyone ! Congratulation and great choice to both Mike's. Looking forward to my next nautique but won't be needed for a couple of years. Have fun!

Clubmyke---------niiiice ride in your profile
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2005, 2:40 PM Reply   
mucho thanks...

are you out of canyon lake ?

just came back from elsie..pretty nice h20 and saw, troy, geoff, and thane..

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       02-13-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Congrats on the boat. Lets see some pic's
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-13-2005, 4:14 PM Reply   
Sorry guys, By the time we closed the deal it was getting dark, the wife had had enough, and the boat was being washed.

It's all white with a midnight blue accent stripe below the rub rail. The tower is brushed-anodized aluminum. I wanted polished or powdercoated but they told me this was the most durable finish. Since it's going to be kept outside I went for the durability.

Hammer's ski and marine in Petaluma are great people to work with throughout the whole process.

I'll post pics when I pick it up in two weeks after they switch platforms and trailers.
Old     (drj)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-14-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
Your welcome clubmyke. I live in canyon lake and my office is in elsinore. We almost went down to elsinore yesterday as our lake is closed again and my son is really itching to ride.

Mikeski sounds awesome can't wait to see pics of your new vessel. What trailer are your getting? I have been unhappy with a few things on my trailer and it is definitely something that should be considered when buying such a nice boat.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-14-2005, 9:22 PM Reply   
Huge congrats Mike, your cued up for an awesome summer with your new ride. Something tells me you will have an insane sound system in your boat before the summer is over
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-14-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
The trailer is the new Zieman. I was leery of due to some of the problems with thier earlier designs a few years ago but the new ones look top notch. They had a stack of them in the back so I got a chance to look them over pretty closely. The propguard has been redesigned and it looks like the best that I have seen, super strong box tubing, looked like 5x2 box, great color keyed paing finished nicely. Since I only use a trailer a couple times a year I went for the lower cost leaf spring, disc brake, breakaway tongue, chrome wheel, radial tire model. The upgrade adds aluminum wheels, a spare, and torsion. Spare is not needed on the tandem if you know how to chain/strap a dead axle. I was planning on getting another DHM but the Zieman looked good enough for my needs.

Yep it will have some tunes, I am thinking I will keep my 12 radio shack 4" dual cones, I have new tie wraps ready (see best tower speaker thread)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:38 AM Reply   
Boat pix...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
another...

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
another...

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
another...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
Best part about the signature edition, no relays in the way of the sub...

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:49 AM Reply   
Of course there are still lots of things that need to be installed in the coming weeks, tower mirror, bimini, tower speakers, subwoofer(s), remotes (stereo and perfect pass), bow speakers, XM radio, etc.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-04-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
wow that look like super bright white! Congrats!
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-04-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
White truck, white Tahoe, white boat, white interior, I guess you could say I like white.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-04-2005, 12:40 PM Reply   
Great looking boat. That color combo will really help at resale time down the road. AS much as I like some of the hotter color combos you really do pay for it in the end I think. Red, White, Blue, and black still are classics. Enjoy Mike!

Eric
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-04-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
Great looking boat, love the colors!!!
Looks like a great summer is in store for you..
Have fun with you new toy!!!
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-04-2005, 3:42 PM Reply   
nice boat mike i think its takes boarding and boats in general to a whole new level. I guess it takes creativity to do what you have done to your boat. I think the boarding and boating scene will blow up, and your gonna be the one to help make that possible.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-04-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
Very, very nice. I ride with a guy that got the same boat at the end of last season and was quite impressed with the boat and the wake. Huge Congrats!
Old     (hsmunoz)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-04-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
Great looking boat Mike congrats!!! I noticed they added the fire extinguisher under the driver's dash. Nice touch! Are those permanent tower pads on the bow of the boat, or were they just there during freight?

regards
Henry , fellow 211 Zealot!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hi Henry,

I think they ship the boats without the towers installed, at least the tops. We put the pads on at the dealership. I have not yet decided if they are permanent yet, they are just stick on rubber pads. They wanted to put them on the tower but I figured they might mark the surface they were not stuck to, I would rather have some rub marks on the tower instead of the boat. I might swap them out for some gator grip on a permanent basis, doubling as step pads.

Mike
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-04-2005, 9:52 PM Reply   
Congrats Mike!

Another 211 joins the ranks. We'll have to get all the 211's together for a West Coast photo shoot!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-04-2005, 10:08 PM Reply   
Plan on going to the nor cal/so cal get together at Naciemento in August, see planetnautique.
Old    whitechocolate            03-05-2005, 7:15 AM Reply   
Nice Mike Congrat's: now lets throw some W-7's in that thing
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-05-2005, 8:45 AM Reply   
That thing look awesome. Sweet ride.
Old    amixman            03-05-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
ya mike lookin forward to seeing you at naci in aug that is a sweet lookin nauti its soo clean.

you also gotta love the new boat smell under the cover
Old    amixman            03-05-2005, 10:07 AM Reply   
ya mike lookin forward to seeing you at naci in aug that is a sweet lookin nauti its soo clean.

you also gotta love the new boat smell under the cover
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       03-05-2005, 10:06 PM Reply   
Het Mikeski,
Great looking boat. I just ordered a 226 with the midnight blue hull/white main/white/deck. I was going with the same combo you have but I thought a colored hull would look good. One quick question. I can check with the dealer Monday but I thought I'd run it by someone on here and maybe Planet N. I noticed that the seat bases in your 211 appear to be white. Some of the pictures of the 211's and 226's have white with a grey base. Who determines what color the seats will be? Are they ramdomly sending some out of the factory grey and some white? There wasn't anywhere to specify that I wanted grey(which I would prefer) over the white. Any ideas anyone??? If you look through the 05' catalogue - most of the models havseat bases that are a medium grey which is GREAT for the Texas sun. The only two that I can see with white are the 210 Team Super and the 226 Sport
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-06-2005, 11:09 PM Reply   
The all white seat bases were ordered special for my boat, the grey is standard. You will notice on Nautique's build a boat that it doesn't even give you the white base option, but my order sheet shows "special" white seat bases.
Old    walt            03-07-2005, 4:44 AM Reply   
Mike, It looks like you bought it in Petaluma at Hammers or am I wrong ?
Old    zboomer            03-07-2005, 5:32 AM Reply   
Sweet boat dude, congrats!

Let us know how hard it is keeping the white vinyl clean. Sure looks good.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 9:57 AM Reply   
The boat did come from Hammer's Ski & Marine in Petaluma, shame on me for not giving props to Jim. I have known Jim Hammer for about 10 years. He is very patient and easy to work with and has always been there when I needed help. If you are looking for a Nautique, Sanger or Centurion in the bay area definately look him up. Customer service second to none.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 10:25 AM Reply   
Mike,
Glad to see your patience and study showed some good rewards. I sure hope I get an invite to ride behind it as it looks very nice and the reputation preceeds.
Very Nice!
BTW, I've always enjoyed your posts...you're a very smart man, the ladies say you are very handsome, your ride technique is second to none....I've also heard you are very generous...so how about a pull? (major sucking up)
D out
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Sunday?
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-07-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
Yahoo! I'll be sure to pick a wakeboard that color matches the boat.
D out
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       03-07-2005, 9:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update Mikeski. I'll be happy with the grey base/white back combo like I had on my 2000 Super. The white sure does add class to the interior though. Have fun with the new ride.

Ken