Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
I rode behind an 07' X-1 last night and was seriously unimpressed... I realize its the cheapest of the X-series but it was just terrible. We only ran stock ballast and had four in the boat but it was just a joke... our 95' Supersport is a far better wake, and with tower and ballast I'm only at like 22,000 compared to the X-1's 45,000 price tag it really was just a really lame wake ..... just thought I would throw that out to anyone thinking of an X-1... i would save another year and go bigger
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       06-23-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
Interesting considering the x-1 is and first generation x-star and was and still is argueably
once of the best wakes out there.
I might be a little biased but I am sure most will agree with me.
Unless MC redesigned the x-1 for 07 and I was not aware of it happeneing.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Ya ok Throw some weight in that bad boy and you get a great wake, that hull is one of the best hulls to load out for a big clean wake.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nick you will not find many on here that will be agreeing with you, myself included.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
Wow, you are dissing one of the most revered wake boats in history. Plus it is a much different wake than the Supersport you are used to. On top of that the factory ballast is hardly any weight at all! If you really want to see what she can do, stack another 1500-2000 lbs of water in there and get ready for one of the firmest and meatiest wakes out there. I challenge you to find me a boat (other than the Epic) that has a kick ass wake with factory ballast and 4 people.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-23-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
VLX. Biased but it's wake is pretty kick ass stock no wedge.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-23-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
not the greatest pics but I'll get you more if you want some 06 VLX stock ballast 3 people in boat.profile pic also (same day as others)Oops forgot to add i also agree with nick that stock im sure it sucks. Most boats wakes stock suck... so tell us something we dont know. X-1 is proven end of story.
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by tyboarder03 on June 23, 2007)
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I rode an x1 hull and the way it was set up it was really close to a SAN wake I thought? Not as steep or firm but pretty close. I would take either, And they were both loaded down of course.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       06-23-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
Nick, are you dumb?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
Whoever posted those pics... Are you happy with that??? seriously in this day and age spending nearly 50k on a boat you should get a little more... yea sure add an extra 1000 lbs it'll be good... Its the old X-star for a reason, not the new X-star, because the design wasn't working... Anyone happy with the X-1 please go demo a SANTE 210 and see what you're missing
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
Nick, Save another year? Looks like your family has saved for 12 years. Whats ya'lls excuse for not going bigger yet?
X1's wake sucks? What an assclown.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-23-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
Ok, just keep telling yourself that Nick, while I get booted higher than I will ever need every morning behind our X1.

Maybe you need to work on your technique...?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
All I'm saying is that for 50k you think you would get a little more...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote "I challenge you to find me a boat (other than the Epic) that has a kick ass wake with factory ballast and 4 people."

uhhhhhhh. My 07 VLX with four people and stock ballast throws a kick ass wake. One of the reasons, I like the VLX, no need to sack it out.
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
NICK - you should watch your mouth.. and try and reroute these types of comments through a filter, like your brain, before letting them fly out your butt. Upload

end of story!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-23-2007, 1:55 PM Reply   
I've saved for 12 years because I'm 19 and in college, I'm by no means rich, its just the principle that 20k will take you far beyond 50k

The X-1 is the boat at a wakeboard camp I work for, They shop brought it down to me and I rode because I can, for free, no gas anything, which makes it hard to complain, but i still am, it was just a major let down
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
Nick you are the gayest person to ever post on this forum That is easily one of the sickest boats on the market wake wise I hope you break your leg and cant ride for the rest of the year and you and your boyfriend can go out in anything but an x1 and jerk each other off. DumbA-S

(Message edited by wakepete on June 23, 2007)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Wow I thought calling him a AssClown was bad. Holy Crap, Gay? Broken leg? Lookout for bad karma wakepeter
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-23-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
The Mastercraft 205V (X-Star, X2, X1) is the highest selling wakeboard boat/hull ever (from what I understand)...

That’s allot of pedigree to go up against...
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Ummm...yeah...he's 19 and the wake pic in his profile is way awesome!
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Just so everyone knows from the onset, I ride for Mastercraft in Dallas so take this for what it's worth.

Now I have no idea of what Nick's ability level is, but the majority of the wakeboarders don't need the size of wake that they all think they do. A huge wake is just a crutch for people that don't have good technique. Go back and watch Byerly's Retrospect and you will see him throwing more tricks on a directional board behind a ski boat, often without any pylon, than most people can do today.

That being said, the '07 X1 is still one of the best hulls on the market. It might not be the X-Star wake, but that's not to say it is anything less than a world-class wake. Mastercraft decided to start renaming that boat years ago when the boat buying public wanted a larger boat with more interior room, so Mastercraft decided to keep the old X-Star and call it the X2. With the success of the new X-Star, Mastercraft came out with a smaller X-Star last year calling it the X2, and renaming the original X-Star the X1. That boat needs weight, but most boats will not throw the wake people expect from a $50,000+ boat without extra weight.

Basically the point of my rant is that any rider can go big on a stock X1 wake, or a stock 210, VLX, or 22V wake, with the proper form. Height comes from line tension, distance comes from speed. Work on keeping the handle out and then pulling it to your lead hip while you are entering the trough and riding up the wake to keep line tension and you will get more pop than you previously had.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Tom you are retarded and that was out of line. When you edited your post you should have deleted the whole thing, grow up.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Good post Andrew.
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
Nu bu you suck at life,
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-23-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
soooo ugh calling David Williams... David Williams we have a tool who needs to be thrown out!!! and his name is Tom
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
the X-1 has a great wake, I dont even own one but my good friend does and we would rotate our boats last summer. Just remember any wake is better than nothing!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Tom what grade are you in? You must be excited for summer break, 1st grade was exhausting I bet. Get a life moron, were you going to say something else after that comma or is this your first time using a keyboard. Your lame a$$ will be banned before you know it with these retarted posts.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Damn Nick, I hear what you're saying, the X1 wake doesn't even come close to the wake in your profile pic, not. You have a lot to learn student.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-23-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
WOW has this guy already become this years
XStar Ryan?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Maybe it is him
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-23-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
The X-1 wake is amazing, end of story
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-23-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
I bought one last year, looked at about 6 different boats and it was not even close. It doesn't have the fit and finish of the SANTE, but the wake speaks for itself- easiest decision I ever had to make.

I really think that if you are willing to slam it (make it weigh >6.5k), there is no other wake that compares- including the new star.

Again- I own one so I'm biased
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
To be fair to Nick with only stock ballast the X-1 wake is pretty whimpy. If you had never ridden one slammed you wouldn't know how much potential they have.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
gangstar, 6500 lbs, would it even float?
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
Maybe the 6500lbs. includes the boat...
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2007, 12:20 AM Reply   
Wow its like all the kiddies decided to come out and call each other doodoo heads at once.

Tyler, sorry man but I don't agree, a stock VLX doesn't cut it. Yeah its rideable but definitely not a stacked wake.

Nick, you ride a 210. Along with the X-1, those two were the original wakeboard boats. Each is a smaller boat and responds well to ballast. Factory ballast on each is very lacking, to get em to perform you gotta add at least 1500 lbs of ballast on top of factory. I have ridden the direct drive 205(same hull as X-1) extensively and I must say the switch to a SAN210 is drastic. The wakes are incredibly different. It doesn't suprise me that you felt it was small as it doesn't have the extra kick off the lip that a SAN will give you. But mark my word, once you kids at this place you work at add another couple grand in weight you will experience a very large wake to work with.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2007, 7:53 AM Reply   
Heavy he's talking stock wake, yes it's way bigger than an x1 or a san with stock ballast. Not everyone wants to throw 3500 pounds in a boat to get the wake to come alive.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2007, 8:01 AM Reply   
I had an X1 and stock ballast was pretty darn good. But the fact that Nick is clearly pro level of course he will be wanting more.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Holy crap I did not mean for this to turn to chaos... the whole point I wanted to make is that you think in this day and age, where wakeboarding is the top watersport around... barring maybe surfing, that 50,000 dollars would get you everything you want in a wakeboard boat right away.... I mean seriously doesn't it suck to know that after you drop you 50k ou need another $1,000 in sacks and pumps and 5 hours of work to tap into the stock ballast to get your wake good? Our SSN, an original "wakeboard" boat/hull with like 7 people needs no ballast, the wake is really great.... and I've ridden lots of wakes from:
Old Hydrodyne's weighted to the max
SSN -- Newer Superair 210/220
X-1 -- X-star (04'+ version)
Epic 23v
Malibu VLX
Mobius XLV
and seriously for the money our SSN or the Mobius has to be the best

SO PLEASE JUST STOP THE BASHING OF EVERYONE AND FOCUS ON THE POINT

For 50k out of the box, the X-1 is/was a letdown
Yes or No
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
Nick, MC is one of the top selling wakeboard boat companies. Unfortunately they can sell their boats for whatever they want. You think 50k is bad? I remember a new 2006 CC 210 being like 55-65 OTD. Yea, boat prices suck, but I think every vdrive boat is going to be around 50k, and you will still need at least 1500lbs of ballast to get a good wake.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
Erik,

We put about 600 up front, 700 in each rear locker, 400 in the ski locker, and 7-8 people or another 500 in the middle of the cabin. With the boat (3200lbs) you're over 6k with that setup in a 90" beam 20' hull- which means a lot of vertical displacement of water
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
Again missed the point --- for 50k stock out of the box, is the X-1 a let down

Moomba's XLV stock for 45k is far better than the X-1
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-24-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
You know what nick opinions are like everyones got one and they all stink. Our VLX is better than all other boats out there IMO which is why it sits in the driveway. (please don't think I'm bashing any boats) Whatever boat you have I would assume is the boat for you otherwise why have it. Go have fun in your boat do yor own thing and don't add any ballast. Quit whining.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-24-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
Nick, maybe I am still missing your point. So basically you are bashing a boat that many people love just because it cost $5k more than a boat that you really like. So what exactly was the purpose of this thread? I am lost.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-24-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
Yes 50 grand is a fair price for the x1 stock out of the box without a question with what boats are selling for these days.
I used to own a Supra and have been in about every boat on the market. Sorry you cant compare a SC to a Mastercraft IMO.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Nick- I'm actually not arguing with you. The stock ballast is pretty week- 225 in each rear locker and 400 in the ski locker.

I spent about $500 on sacs and a pump and I went from a weak wake to the best there is hands down. It takes me <20 minutes to fill the bags up Thursday night and <20 minutes to dump them on Sunday. So you should refine your point to:

The X-1 is a let down for 50k. For 50.5k it is the best wake money can buy.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
Im fighting a losing battle but its just a matter of someone going out, dropping that much money just to get home all excited to ride and then have that... Its just had at 19 for me to hear 50k isn't that bad... because it is, 50k is a lot of money and thinking i could get two slightly used boats that are far better for that price... I know I'll never win this, I just wanted to let people know how much more I expect out of 50k... I think thats why boats are so pricey, they can sell an okay boat for 50k and have people happy, then a good boat can sell for 65k... If i was dropping that much cash I would just want more, thats it
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Heres what you do with the x1 have them put in 750 fly high bags in back instead of hard tanks have them use the quick connect system so easy to get out and if your pumps burn out you can manually empty them and at winter time you can pull them out and reduce chances of mold,

Go to Schwab's pick up lead weight for pennies on the pound go home get a crab pot cooker throw a heavy duty pan on top make somewhere around 400 pounds of lead throw most up front and some mid ship to level out when its only a driver and you.

Buy the 250 side sacs and fill one in the walkway and one on top of the first and the wake is dialed

As stated above 95% percent of the riders you will pull need just the the stock center ballast no rear and with the lead in front the wake is a very nice good shape and user friendly. Theres a point with this boat speed wise when you reach it you know it!
The wake will severely decrease in size once your riding at those speeds then you throw allot of extra weight, the sacs in back and front.

The lead is not enough to be hard on the trailer or the boat but really makes the boat perform better, More weight in the noise helps with steering and overall performance of the boat.

In terms of 50,000 out the door your buying a generic boat and making it fit what you need it for, you need to make some sort of effort to customize your ride. Cost wise what I just told you is very small maybe 350.00. A good board is more than that.

In terms of slamming boats after one ride or with little time to play with them weight wise, props etc thats getting old if a boat can hold speed well then the wake can be made with a little effort usable. If you cant get a gigantic wake ride switch hit double ups theres so much with wake boarding that you can do, Slow the boat down and work on one wake drills. You'll be twice the better boarder than most if you can do a switch toe back 1 behind any size wake the amount of skill needed to do that move smooth and correct will make you a crazy good rider.

Fundamentals are the key to the sport, thats why the camps are so successful they get jhonny heel side coming down they switch his focus to fundamentals with a small wake and all of a sudden he is a way better rider, Its not rocket science.

And don't forget for 98% of the boats out there the bank owns them anyway people realistically are not dropping 50,000 for the boat they make payments for a few years and sell them, People always seem to forget that. The market is such right now where boats are depreciating rather slowly and the overall cost to the buyer is minimized. This is why many people buy new the price difference is very little comparatively and you have a new boat with a 3 year warranty.

You can knock the x1 for allot of reasons its small doesn't handle rough water well etc but the wake is really good take a day to dial it in and your good to go any boat improperly weighted wont perform well. Nick go back and weight the boat right and then come back you will see the error in your ways.

(Message edited by wakepete on June 24, 2007)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
I can't redo the whole boat, its a wakeboard school boat, It has to be left as is for resale at the end of the year.... thats why I'm upset, I expected after work to take out this new X-1 with free gas and love it, but I would rather go home and use my boat while paying for gas.... No mods, just stock back tanks
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-24-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Just grab two 500 pound sacks one on the floor one in the bow fill them up and quit complaining.

Your not gonna get a whole lot of sympathy cause the wake on your free pull isn't perfect.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-24-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
Buying an x-1 and not adding weight is soooo lame for a wakeboard school!! At least have some fat sacs available for the riders that are more advanced, plus it will help the resale value adding sacs, not hurt the resale.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-24-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
I only paid 36k for my 06 X1, I guess I got a good deal.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
woody you bought your boat as a repo didn't you? Nice boat, I like the red. I had an 06 x-1 last year, sold it, and bought an 07 wakesetter vtx. There is no comparison. Oh by the way, vtx, room, wake, fit and finish.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
I rode behind a supra launch ssv about 2 years ago, just 3 people in the boat and the trim adjusted right and ballast full i thought it was good wake.
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
i own the old xstar or the x-1 and i run stock ballast wit 250 in sand in the front and 100 of sand spaced out around the boat depending on where everybody is sitting and i LOVE the wake..ive went behind the vlx and the 210 and a xlv and i have no complaints at all about my old xstar. it has all the wake i need even though the vlx had a bigger wake it still wasnt as nice as the shape of the old xstars wake
that is just my opinion so please dont go off on me and tell me that you hope i break my leg :-)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-24-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
How about just "you suck at life"
Old     (lrbs_xstar)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
well if you insist
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-25-2007, 4:10 AM Reply   
Thanks, Matt and ya it's a repo boat that I got with 23 hours on it. I had a 04 VLX and I will say that the fit and finish was a little nicer, but i also think the the wake is a little nicer on the X1.

If you don't mind me asking, I was wondering how much you got when you sold your 06 X1? Or did you trade it in.
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-25-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
You are all missing Nick's point. He wants a yes or no answer.

NO
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Of course the stock X-1 wake sucks! The hull was originally designed as a tournament ski hull, and the only think that has changed since is making it a V-Drive. The unweighted draft is only 20" compared to 28" on the old 210 and 26" on the new VLX. That's a BIG difference. It takes about 4-500 lbs. in the X-1 to make the wake comparable to an unweighted 210 or VLX. But, after that, the hull sinks with weight with the best of them, and you'll never need over 2000 lbs. for a massive wake.

Families drive the boat buying market, so few companies are going to risk taking up storage room by installing a 2500 lbs.+ stock system when most riders don't need it. They expect hardcore riders to upgrade their systems (which is extremely easy to do in the new Mastercrafts). Since you can't do that, just put the an 800 lbs. duffel bag sack in the aisle, and see if you're still complaining then.

Also, you can get a 99 or 2000 X-Star or 205V for $25k, not too much more than your 5 year older Super Sport.

P.S. You might want to make your profile pic something better than an un-grabbed tantrum if you want to sound like a hardcore pro.

(Message edited by jcv on June 25, 2007)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-25-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
I think someone spending 50k on an x-1 wants that boat and wants to buy new. Also, someone buying an x-1 wants a MC and not a moomba, malibu, or other cheaper option. Maybe, someone buying an x-1 is buying the boat to help teach their younger kids to ride and they don't need a killer wake, which can teach bad habits and lead to an injury. I bought a v-ride which has a wimpy wake but I didn't want to make a huge commitment if my kids don't continue to want to wakeboard. However, if my kids progress and want to continue I have the option to ballast my boat down or get something else down the road.

BTW-I know of a couple of people able to do some decent inverts off of stock wakes and I don't know many people.
Old     (wakedude83)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-25-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
I would not go to that school. No weight in the boat???
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2007, 10:56 AM Reply   
These pics are from a 06 23' lsv. Factory ballast with wedge. But like said before you dont need a huge wake to go big.

Upload
Upload
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-25-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
Hey man I don't really want to tell exactly but it was much more than 36k. You got a great buy. I will agree that I liked the wake on the x-1 after adding weight.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
We went out yesterday in the X-1 when the owner guy was gone, adding ~1200lbs. plus 3 people and the wake improved 10 fold.... I'm sorry for starting this mess; the wake can be great, but stock ballast its questionable
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
I personally disagree with you Nick. I think the wake stock is awesome. Yes, extra make makes it better, but you cannot argue with the fact that this is the same boat that some pros have admitted is the best wake out there still.

In my opinion, you should go out and ride behind what you can afford and what suits your riding style. 50K for a new or newer used wakeboard boat is about the norm and if you shop around you can generally find a used 05-06 for less than that and still get a quality boat no matter the brand.

Just my .02.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-26-2007, 10:19 AM Reply   
hands down X1 one of the best wake boats of all time, learn how to weight a wake boat and you will be truly "impressed"
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-26-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Also keep in mind, that IMO, the nautique wake that you love, is one that you dont have to have great technique to get that "boot" or "kick". I like both wakes a lot, but you can be lacking on edging and line loading and get pretty good air. Maybe your technique needs a little work, Nick...
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-26-2007, 10:48 AM Reply   
Byrd Im going to have to disagree with you on the technique, I personally think that the SAN shows all your bad techniques
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
That's cool, Mike, but I have seen some pretty sloppy boarders get good(not great) air behind a 210. But I will agree that if you are trying hard to get big air, as in loading the line and cutting in hard on edge, you better have your lunch packed well, if you know what I mean, lol...
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-27-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
haha yeah i agree with you that anyone can get launced behind a 210 but your form will be out of control if your technique is lacking.