Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2007, 10:45 PM Reply   
Hi,

I'd like to buy some bindings for my girlfriend. We had decided on the Minx, but now I've seen the Melissa too.

Has anyone tried both of these bindings? Is the Melissa worth the extra cash?

Also, is the sizing similar? My girlfriend wears a 7 shoe, so I was going to get the Minx in a medium... would a Melissa in a medium fit the same too?

Thanks,
Greg
Old     (vanekronfle)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-20-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
i have melissa bindings i dont know how are the minx but when i try the melissa it feels good, very softly i am 7 also and i buy 7-9 i think its medium!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-20-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Hi Greg,

I have the 2006 Minx and love them. However, I have not tried the Melissa so can't compare the two. But even if you decide to go with the cheaper of the two, in my opinion, you'll still be getting awesome bindings.

Michele
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-20-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
i've owned both, and both are great, but the melissas are a lot more deluxe. if she loves wakeboarding and will use them a lot then shell out the extra cash for sure.
my only reservation is that it's really important to try the melissas on first.
i think i'm a size 7 too (as far as i can figure the difference between australian and US shoe sizes) - i used to have medium minx which were fine. I bought melissas in size 7-9, and they fitted ok, but i have a fair bit of heel movement which annoys me heaps! i've since tried on the smaller pair and they're perfect for me. I think i just have really narrow feet for their size, so even though i technically bought the right size, they weren't the best for me because i didn't take into account my foot shape!! complicated i know. they're just such a molded boot that you really need to make sure you're getting the right size. it's not worth spending that much money if they don't fit properly. i'm now trying to sell mine so i can buy the smaller pair (5-7) :-)
Old     (greg_sa)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-20-2007, 10:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the advice :-)

I think that I'll probably go with the Minx... I am a bit worried about the sizing on the Melissa. I know that the Minx in medium will fit well for her.

Thanks,
Greg