Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-07-2005, 1:30 PM Reply   
My Obrien Systems are about to rip the whole way through on the upper lace area. SOOOOO I want to get some new bindings ASAP. I am checking out ebay every day to look for new stuff. I have tried out the '05 Transits and loved them......I am looking @ the '05 Sphynx LE's and I was wondering if they are pretty close to the Transits and if not please tell me the differences. I also was "thinking" of the '05 Ultra's b/c of the nice material on the inner part of the boot. I know someone who loves them and wouldn't ride in another boot.... So, just give me some words of courage in this trying time! HAHAH CHEERS!
Old    7ftdubup            08-07-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
ive ridden the Sphynx LEs and the Transits and I ride the 04 sphynx. Both of those boots are good, i like the Transits a little better but both are great boots.
Old    murrayair            08-08-2005, 1:23 AM Reply   
I haven't ridden the Transits, but I have the 05 Sphynx's and love them to death. So comfy!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-08-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
I will second the 05 Sphinxs' They are very close to transits but just seem softer, "the softest". I dont know about Ultras. Just wait another month and you can get a smokin deal or just get some 06's.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-08-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
I have the 05 Transits. The 05 Spinx's were great too. I just felt more supported in the Transits. I do not think you can go wrong either way.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Brandon,

How old are your O'Brien Systems??

Later,
jjakober
Old    wakemark            08-08-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
transits, teams, or sphynx.....I have hated every pair of bindings I have ever had and after 30 or 40 rides in my teams, I am still in love!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Hold out for the 2006 stuff if you can.
Old    tommcat            08-08-2005, 9:46 AM Reply   
what size? i'm selling my 05 transits LE. they are mediums. they're brand new
Old     (sylv2080)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-08-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Jjakober,

My Obrien Systems are '02's and are a size large. They are great bindings but last week I noticed a tear on the left binding on the left side where they lace up. It sucks b/c I was trying to hold out until next year......Oh well! I just ordered '05 Transits for only $220 and I think that is a decent deal.

Tom,
I just ordered a large so sorry but if I wore a smaller size I would have taken you up on that offer. Thanks everyone.... Oh btw I am ordering my wife the Minx SE's today also!!!! Nothing like riding CWB boards and LF bindings! Oh well!!!!