Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
ok so today we were out riding and my buddy get straped up and rides his first jump landed awkwardly and broke his tibbia and fibbia. this ever happend to anyone?
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2009, 9:36 PM Reply   
Yeah, broke my tib and fib back in July. Also messed up some stuff in my ankle and needed some screws put in. I just got off crutches last week, really took a chunk out of summer. Hope your buddy's taking it ok.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
I broke both legs a few years ago.. Tell him to keep his chin up..
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-30-2009, 3:52 PM Reply   
thats crazy never really herd of anyone breaking a bone just tearing stuff
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-30-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
This is not uncommon. There have been a few broken bones in the last few weeks.

Brandon George just did the same thing.
Old     (jswake)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-30-2009, 9:26 PM Reply   
broke my femur last year, was a freak accident but it happens
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       08-30-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
I thought I broke my leg a few weeks ago learning to waterski. The doc said I sprained the muscle that connects the tibia and fibia just below the knee, on the outside. Hurt just like a break. I could walk, but when I turned, pivoted, or bent, I thought I was gonna die. Two weeks later, and I feel fine. Doc said to stay off skis til next season, but I'm cleared for wakeboarding. It's nice having a dr that used to wakeboard in the 90's.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-31-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
Yep broke mine about a month and a half ago. I get the cast off in a little over a week. There is a video floating around here of the break....at least i've got video of it...and for whatever reason chicks dig wheelchairs and casts....lol
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-31-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Lot's of broken legs this year!

BG
Danny W
I thought there was one more in there.

Shawn Hammond and I did ours last year. It sucks!

It has been a year and all I can do is get out and slaysh and do some inside out stuff and wakeskate. I know I will be able to snowboard though so that gives me hope!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-31-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Pretty much every monday for the past month someone has posted up that they or someone in their crew broke at least one of those bones over the weekend.
Old     (shaunm000)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-01-2009, 8:40 AM Reply   
I broke my Tib/Fib back in 97. Warming up, did a raley and my foot came out of my binding and SNAP! Shannon Best had to save me from drowning since i wasnt wearing a life fest. Kelly Kingman had photos of the entire thing. Pretty much the worst day of my life. My leg ended up healing the wrong way and had to be re-broken and a titanim rod was stuck in there for reinforcement. I went on the rehab and have a somewhat decent 10 more years competing etc. but nowadays its really keeping me from hitting the water the way i used to. Kids, ALWAYS WEAR A LIFEVEST. I got lucky,but a few more seconds with a broken leg i wouldnt have been able to support myself above water.