Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-25-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
I did a search, but couldn't find an answer. Would a 500/1 JL supply enough to drive a 12w6? I know what it says on their site, but I've always heard that these are power hungry woofers. Should I use a bigger amp?
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-25-2006, 4:22 PM Reply   
I use the 500/1 on a 10w6v2 and it is simply amazing. People swear I have other woofers hidden somewhere. :-) I think that JL actually recommends the 500/1 for a 12w6v2. I don't think you'll be disappointed, plus the next step up is a 1000/1 and I think that would be a bit too much for the w6 series.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-25-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
I just had 2 12W6s installed using a 1000/1 Slash amp. I asked the installer(JL Auth)what the best way to run these subs was and while he said my setup was the most common install he stated these subs pretty much pound no matter what you throw at them. He also stated that JL severly underrates the power their equipment can safely handle so take it for what its worth. The 500/1 will make your sub spank.

(Message edited by iagainsti on May 25, 2006)
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-25-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
we had three 12w6v2's each with their own jl 500/1 and i was very happy with the set up. one thing i can say is that jl amps are very current heavy. better have good batteries/charging system. one feature i didnt really like about the jl amps is they shut themselfs off when they see less then 10volts . i can say we never did have a problem with any amp or sub for the 2 or so years we had them and pushed them as hard as we could the whole time.....

mike
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-25-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Cool, thanks for all the info. My charging system and batts are good to go, so 500/1 it is.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-26-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
i also forgot to mention theres a little more to a jl amp then just hooking up power ground remote and some rca's to make them sound good you need to adjust teh imput sensitivity and a few other things but it shows you how to do all that in the instructions..... have fun you'll enjoy them!!
Old    thug_hunter            05-26-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
I give another thumbs up for a single 500/1 powering a W6. They match up perfectly!!