Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (rivercapo)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-23-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
Guys, does anybody know which measure is the steering cable for a 2003 Mastercraft X-2 with V-Drive? I need to purchase one to replace it but I'm not sure if should be 21' or shorter... thanks!
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-23-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Just look on your existing cable for a model.

Thats all I did for mine on my Ski Ray. It was a Teleflex unit.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-24-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
or call skidim and they will tell you which one you need when you give them boat model and year.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Call ski dim, or crawl under the dash and read the numbers off the existing cable. Many people don't understand that you need the EXACT lenght cable, and having one a little long or short DOES NOT WORK.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-24-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
I would def crawl under the dash and get the model # off the cable. Sometimes boat mfg's may change the routing of the cable or hold downs mid year. Correct length is crucial
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-24-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
It is more than likely a teleflex and it is prob 21'. Look at your helm and see if it is rotary or not. Rotary is teleflex. I replaced mine in an hour (including tracking one down in MN on a friday evening). The black sheathing on the cable will tell you the brand and length. The problem is that the part of the cable that shows that is prob under your floor right now.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-24-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
yeah i replaced mine about a month ago and i was suprised at how far down the cable the model # was. It was a relatively easy fix. The only part i had trouble with was getting the screws off he rudder for the cable, only because it was hard working around the engine. I also had a little slipping with the hands and a few fiberglass cuts, which are tons of fun, but like with geiko i saved alot of money doing this by myself.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-25-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Anybody know how often the steering cable usually goes out?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
I just replaced mine on a 2002 Sanger V210. So, it was 7-8 years. That's about right from what I hear.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748944