Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-02-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hey guys. I just recently purchased a 2001 SAN 210. I took it out yesterday and i couldnt get the ballast to take in water. I have the Launch Control system open in the back. The knobs in back of the drivers seat are all the way open (turned counter clockwise). When i push the fill button on the dash, the light comes on but there is no sound from the pumps. But when i hit the empty button, the light comes on and i hear the pumps operating. I know im probably just missing something very simple. but any help would be great since i know there are some pretty knowledgable fellas on here.
Old     (cobra_nuggets)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-02-2010, 11:37 PM Reply   
Try planetnautique
Old     (dellagucci)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-02-2010, 11:52 PM Reply   
maybe the fill pump is no good.. check the wires first.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-03-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
So they are not two reversible pumps then. One pump fills and one emptys?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-03-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
yeah they are not reversible. You have a fill pump and an empty pump, and that system is known to be not so good. If you want to make your life easy tear out that system and put in some ballast puppys and fat sacks! Ive done my 01 and there are a bunch of guys on planetnautique.com that have done their's if you have any questions.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-03-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
If you don't hear the pumps then that is no bueno, but those back pumps sometimes need a bit of priming to get going even if the pumps are working. Try hitting fill when you are moving slowly. There are lots of flaws with the aerator system, but you can get it to work okay with bags. And, it fills/empties super fast. But, if you've got the time and money, the ballast puppy system is much more user friendly.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-03-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Ive got a piggy back system on it right now. The hard tanks fill, and the they overflow into a 500 pound sack on each side. Push comes to shove, (after i check the fuses and try priming the pump) Would a ballast puppy pump swap right out with the existing pump? Or will i need to re plumb and re wire?
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
You will need to rewire and change the scoop if you want to change out to ballast puppies. They draw a lot more current and the scoop you have now will force water into the tanks with puppies. Aerators are cheap if you do not want to do the upgrade.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-03-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
I think this is the system you actually had to be in a left or right turn to get it to full correctly. Remember this is VERY early on for the manufacturers on how to run ballast systems my 02 xstar is kind of a joke can only fill one tank at a time.
Old     (bhog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-03-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
I have a 99 super air and same set up as you. Even if your pump is out you can fill the tank by opening the valve and driving. You have a scoop under there that will force water in your ballast tanks. So you can fill it like that and empty with your pumps if they are working. Or just open valve when you get it on the trailer and it will all dump out. To replace that pump is super cheap but is a pain to get down there. you will want to upgrade your ballast system at some point.
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-03-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I tested the voltage going to the intake pump and it has full power running to it so it is definatelly the pump. Tomorrow i will just pick up a new aerator pump. But i definatelly will upgrade the pumps here quick. But for right now i just want to ride. Thanks for the help guys, I understand this system alot better now.