Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    vonbugen            03-01-2003, 10:04 AM Reply   
At the beginning of last year i bought a 2000 Mastercraft X-Star with 25 hours in amazing condition, I'm really good friends with my local MC dealer and he took me and some of the riders down south to ride the new X-star, now after riding behind that wake it jsut blew me away...what I'm getting to is i don't know if I should deck out my current boat(more speaker, ballast, bimini, paint job, ect..) or just save some(more like alot) and get the new x star in the next year or so
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2003, 10:29 AM Reply   
You are doing all of this at 15 years of age?
I hope the xstar is as good as you say!
Old    vonbugen            03-01-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
soon 16.... the X-Star wake is ridiculous..the shop riders emptied the ballast a little because the wake was too big and jsut the shape made you fly, but we don't ride on a small wake, their boat is a 2001 x star and you can't see the decals so its def. not a small wake at all.. I figured im gonna stick with my boat, but Im going to try and add things to it, its basically stock except for tower speakers but they aren't that powerfull. I'd really appreciate some suggestions...
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       03-01-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
massattitude speaker box
www.massattitude.com
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
So what your saying is your comparing your 2000 x-star to the shops 2001 x-star?
Old    vonbugen            03-01-2003, 12:10 PM Reply   
no, i was commenting on the new X-star and than said how the wake of the stores compares..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Oh, ok. I know some people replace the KGB tanks with bigger sacs next to the engine to fatten up the stock wake.
Old    vonbugen            03-01-2003, 3:34 PM Reply   
i don't have tanks, it jsut came with the one in the locker, and i have two fat sacs in the back lockers but its a pain filling and emptying them, do you know if my local mc dealer could instal something for me?
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-01-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
They definitely could, it's just a couple of Moeller tanks and a pump and some wire. Lots cheaper than a 70k boat that you can't get even if you(re dad) had the cash.
Old     (skydog96)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2003, 9:13 PM Reply   
so u r saying u have ridden behind the new 2003 x star....
Old    vonbugen            03-01-2003, 11:20 PM Reply   
yea, the reason why we got to go is because someone that is affiliated with the shop is like a photographer for mc or something like that so it was a photo op and we jsut got to ride as a bonus
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2003, 1:04 AM Reply   
I didn't know MC did their promo shoots in New York in winter time.

I bet that was a lot of fun!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-02-2003, 8:27 AM Reply   
He said up top BT, that the dealer took them down south for the demo. So was the wake sick or what Pat? How would you compare it (shape and size) to your set up now?
Old    vonbugen            03-02-2003, 9:19 AM Reply   
we didn't max out the wake so you can only imagine but with the tanks somewhat filled it was the same size as my wake now except it was alot cleaner and it peaked out steep so it def. got you higher
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-02-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
NAW,

My bad, I see that in his post now.

It just seems ironic that just recently there was a discussion that focused on the fact that no one outside the MasterCraft sponsorhip community had seen this boat's wake.

Now here's Pat in his only 6 posts on this forum offering up the "proof" everyone wants.

Personally, I'm waiting for results of the first tour stop...
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
Pat, who long have you been riding and what level rider are you?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-02-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
I agree BT, I'll have to see it for myself. But, Pat's on here, he says he rode behind it, I gotta believe him, no reason not too...I just hope he knows what kind of hornets nest he stirred up
Old    chris_hargis            03-03-2003, 7:21 AM Reply   
Maybe we should rename WakeWorld to the doubter network. Evertime someone posts something on here, people start jumping all over them. Lord help them if they don't have more than 1000 posts.