Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
Headed out to Trinity this weekend - looking for pointers as I have spent time on Shasta and not at Trinity. Any recommendations help.

Not to mention I have always been the guest and am likely the one in charge now... ...uh oh!!!
Old    mendo247            08-16-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
What marina are you getting your houseboat from?
Old    walt            08-16-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Strobe lights are illegal to have on the houseboat but disco balls are ok.

This is true !
Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
trinity alps
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-16-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
Trinity is a sick lake. i plan on going there every summer for a week boarding trip. i've never done a houseboat up there. only the cabins.
Old     (l1spoogy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
Why are strobe lights illegal?
Old    walt            08-16-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
Because a strobe is recognized as a distress signal.
Old    mendo247            08-16-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Well then you wont have to go very far at all for the best riding spots..

Are you very familiar with the lake? Have you been before?

Its pretty wide open even though its low so manuerving it around wont be a problem.. Just keep your eyes out for stumps when cruising around and espically when pulling up to shore..
Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
never been before. only shasta previously.

i have looked at a lot of maps of the lake.

what do you mean i don't have to go to far for good riding?

i was looking at parking the boat across from the point jutting out on the left side of the main arm...
Old    mendo247            08-16-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
If you have a map id head up buckeye cove.. If you leave the marina and head north along the shorline its the first cove you can head into(on the left).. Past the 5mph bouys is really nice.. that whole half of the lake is good riding.. Heading up the main arm would be a mistake IMO...
Old     (dubs_ucla)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
do you recommend parking on the NW side so you don't get too much afternoon sun?
Old    mendo247            08-16-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
You know for 4th we parked on the south side and it wasnt bad at all! It Rarely gets blazing hot up there..
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       08-17-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
I second the Trinity Alps - back in (??) around 1987 we camped and (skied then) on trinity and one night went to an AWEsome restaurant way in the mountains that you had to get special reservations for on a handheld radio days in advance and then drive though the woods for 10 miles (combination gate into a forest preserve over stream beds etc. ) It was beautiful. Let me know if you find it - it was a log cabin in the middle of nowhere that looked just like the Alps.

There was a convenience store on Trinity that made the reservations.