Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-16-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
So I just got a new Tsunami pump this season. Last night it stopped working, after I got the sacs filled. Had to dump the water into the bilge to empty them out.

Anybody know what are some common problems, or easy fixes to look at? I'm sure I can send it back for an exchange, but would like to have it this weekend.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-16-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
did you try to take the cartridge off the housing and ck to see if it runs? I had a Tsunami pump once get cock-eyed on the housing so it was binding and would not run. Unfortunately for me, I burned up the pump before I realized it was not running.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Are you sure it's the pump and not your 12v outlet? I had a fuse pop on my 12v outlet, also had a wire come off of one.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-16-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
There is a fuse in the cigarette lighter adapter on the pump. It is 5 amp little guy. Try changing that. I am guessing that is your problem. If it is not, take it or send it back. They have a year warranty.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-16-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
if you have a voltmeter, test for power at the plug first. or take the pump and plug it into your car cig lighter and see if the pump works.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
I've had that happen before and it was the fuse in the 12v plug.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-16-2010, 11:36 AM Reply   
mine is not a tsunami but I keep blowing the fuse in the plug. But it is only a 3amp fuse....is it supposed to be a 5??? Maybe that is why it keeps blowing....
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2010, 11:37 AM Reply   
It should be a 5 amp fuse.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-16-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
I will try the 5 this weekend! The guy I got the boat from threw it in the boat but said it didn't work....fuse was the first thing I checked and yep it was broken but it was only a 3 amp.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYDEAZ11 View Post
I will try the 5 this weekend! The guy I got the boat from threw it in the boat but said it didn't work....fuse was the first thing I checked and yep it was broken but it was only a 3 amp.
Those pumps pull over 3 amps, I bet the 5 fixes your problem.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-16-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
I just had to take the 12V plug off of mine and clean it up, it was all corroded inside. A little sandpaper and it was good as new.
Old     (brian_young)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-16-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
I wouldn't work at first when I tried to fill the sac up. I took the cartridge out, and it started to work after goofing with it for a min. When I tried to empty the sac at the end of the night, i wouldn't start. Took the cartridge out, nothing. Tried three outlets on the boat, nothing. Check the fuses on the boat, all appeared to be good.

I'll check the fuse in the plug tonight. Thanks for the help.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-16-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I got mine wet and the fuse inside the plug popped and had actually melted the contacts in the plug. So I have a spare plug I will be installing when I get around to it.
Old     (RYDEAZ11)      Join Date: May 2010       07-16-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
So I am new to the fat sac world and these pumps....But in order to get water into the sac the pump has to be under the water....so how do I pump it out? the end that goes in the water has the attachement to screw on to the nipple of the fat sac when that is screwed on will it suck the water out? Sorry for the noob question
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-16-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Yes the pump has to suck the water out of the sac as well.