Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
Has anyone been to the Wake Nation park in Cincy? A group of us are going on the 21st and I would like to hear from a few people who've been there. Also, what kind of handles do they use?

I love McCormicks but those wood handles were/are GOD AWFUL.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-30-2011, 9:39 PM Reply   
i can't remember if they had rubber handles or not....I went last summer, I love that cable. It feels super springy and the structures are great, you guys will have a blast.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-30-2011, 9:49 PM Reply   
I'm sorry you don't like our handles, but all cable parks use wooden handles besides OWC because it is better for the cable if it gets shot up in the pulley by beginners! wood breaks, aluminum doesn't, therefore your running cable will actually derail from the pulley!

Last edited by jdwake1; 04-30-2011 at 9:51 PM. Reason: jop[
Old     (HuYuFuLin)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-30-2011, 11:08 PM Reply   
wake nation has woodies
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-01-2011, 5:10 AM Reply   
The problem is not that they are wood, the problem is that they are small, can't the make the handles longer for wakeboarders?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-01-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
I went to Wakenation last September for a weekend and loved it. The staff are awesome, really helpful and perfectly willing to chat with you. The facilities are great too, food at the concession stand is good, the pro shop is well stocked, and the deck is great to lounge on. They also have a trampoline to practice tricks on. The cable itself is awesome, the 6 tower system makes the corners a lot smoother, and the obstacles are super fun. You're obviously going to have an advantage if you're goofy, as most of the good ones are on the right side, but the Red Bull transfer box, the Scion (sp?) flatbar, and the Iceberg are a total blast. The walk back to the start dock is also nice on the feet, a little dirty but there's plenty of opportunity to dunk your feet at the dock. The handles are wooden, and a little short, but thats a small price to pay for a whole lot of fun.
Enjoy the trip!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2011, 5:50 AM Reply   
i've wondered when a place would come out with wider handles. It would make having the first 1440 or whatever more possible at that location, and actually draw some traveling riders. That, and when they'll start allowing/selling personal ropes
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwake1 View Post
I'm sorry you don't like our handles, but all cable parks use wooden handles besides OWC because it is better for the cable if it gets shot up in the pulley by beginners! wood breaks, aluminum doesn't, therefore your running cable will actually derail from the pulley!
Understandable, but couldn't y'all at least make then wider?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-01-2011, 2:39 PM Reply   
Oh I see, it must have been awhile back our new handles are a few inches longer and are like 1/4 inch skinnier Personal ropes could work but only for tournaments so it would be such a niche product I don't know if it would be profitable..

Last edited by jdwake1; 05-01-2011 at 2:42 PM.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-01-2011, 4:31 PM Reply   
was just there on friday... they are on the money this year... perfect set up and can't wait fo them to put in the new rail.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2011, 6:19 AM Reply   
there is no possible way for you to have a bad time there, its a wakeboard paradise.

What is the new rail going to be?
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
there is no possible way for you to have a bad time there, its a wakeboard paradise.

What is the new rail going to be?
This ^. Any chance the rail will be put in over the next three weeks?
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwake1 View Post
Oh I see, it must have been awhile back our new handles are a few inches longer and are like 1/4 inch skinnier Personal ropes could work but only for tournaments so it would be such a niche product I don't know if it would be profitable..
Awesome. Although my hands haven't callused yet so I will prob have to sport the noob look and wear gloves. Hope not
Old     (jpods22)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-02-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
Johnny,

Yah I'd imagine the rail would be done by then. But not positive. I do know its a non symmetrical A.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-02-2011, 6:05 PM Reply   
Name:  207454_10150158267717727_17786757726_7148898_4454843_n.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  30.6 KB

the new rail
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
wow that looks SO awesome i cant wait to hit that
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-02-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
That rail is bada$$! Can anybody give me an idea on the water temp up there.
Old     (wakecumberlandky)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-03-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
Around 60 would be my guess... very comfortable. All i had on was a heater top and was fine, although my hands would get numb after taking 10 or so laps either b/c i had soft winter hands or the cold... either way i didn't stop me.