Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-12-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
so here is the deal.. My sunsetters Bilge, lights, blower and horn arent working.. i checked the fuses. they all seem good... the ignition is rigged to the same box and works fine. Any ideas or direction on where to go with this one? help...please
Old     (malibu_monkey)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Did you check the ground. There is a grounding block/strip under the dash. That was just the 1st thing that popped in my head...
Old     (goerlich)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-13-2007, 4:44 AM Reply   
Like Malibu said... check the ground.

I just had the same happen in my Sanger last week. Yesterday I connected a new ground wire direct (across the floor) and it solved everything.

Today I will be running the wire properly (not across the floor) and disconnecting the ground in the main harness, which was the original problem.

Good luck.
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
Awesome, Ill check that tonight.. i hope thats all it is.. it would make sense. thanks!
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-14-2007, 12:56 PM Reply   
I don't know about Malibus, but the exact same thing happened on my 2004 Mobius LSV. It happened first time out after a winter where I removed the battery to trickle charge it during winter storage. When I put the battery back in, the boat started but none of other buttons worked. Turned out there is a small switch near the battery that needed to be reset. Perhaps the same or similar applies to Malibu?
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-14-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
yes, ive noticed the breaker switch on the motor...however, when i push it, it doenst do what its supposed to..GO IN.
Old     (tonysdad)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-16-2007, 12:05 AM Reply   
I had this happen in my Malibu when I was installing my new ballast system. I accidently bumped the switch without realizing it...next time out...nothing. Once I figured out what it was and closed it, everything worked fine. What part of it are you pushing?
Old     (kalenk)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
on the motor there is a breaker restart button.. it doesnt push... this whole thing is frusturating me like crazy... where is the main ground wire that might cause this?
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-18-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
Kalen,
If your switch is anything like mine, there is a small round button that you can push, but it won't stay in. However, there is a lever like switch that you actually rotate and that resets the switch. The small round button actually releases the lever switch, disengaging the switch. When you rotate the lever, the button actually goes out. You can tell because without the lever locked in, the small button pushes with no resistance. When the lever is rotated and locked in, the small button is solidly out and if you push it then, the lever releases and rotates. It took me a while to figure out what to do with the lever/button. In addition, it is really hard to even see the switch so you are doing it mostly by feel. Hope this helps.