Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
I just got home and thought that I'd post just one or two pictures tonight and follow up with some more tomorrow after work.

Big, big thanks to Roy for hosting us. Roy put my crew up at his family cabin - very cool cabin!

Also big thanks to John for bring up his LSV, showing that an LSV can be an amazing surf boat, and for sharing his boards with us. John had quite a few boards, more than I did. So, who one the limited edition, Inland Surfer, 4Skim board; naturally it was John, the guy with all the boards. But that's all good; any one willing to share boards like John did is a worthy of the raffle prize.

John and his 4Skim prize board
Upload

Hat's off to Inland Surfer for donating the 4Skim prize board, you can see that Inland surfer was well represented at the Ice Breaker.
Upload

More to come, thanks everyone, I had a great time!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-22-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
A few more pics
We had my Mighty Centurion, Roy's X2, and John's LSV
Upload
This was Chris's first ever coffin attempt
Upload
John came to Norris loaded with boards
Upload
At lunch we had entertainment. One of Roy's neighbors trucks slipped down a very steep incline
Upload
John had a new Waltzer at the Norris, it was very popular.
Upload
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-23-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
LSV, that is the boat i want! Looks like everyone had a great time. I am sorry i missed the event. I had to run The Stuben County Speacial Olympics.
Old     (fishondryland)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
The truck photo is scary. I hope no one got hurt!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
love the picture of someone peeing off the swimstep
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2007, 8:03 AM Reply   
Fortunately, nobody got hurt. The picture is deceiving. It was a lot steeper than the picture indicates. At times the person climbing the drive had to climb on all fours. It took awhile for a wrecker to pull the Bronco up the drive. The Bronco had to be towed away.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
No, I think he’s just putting some gear on. They were peeing of the dock, didn't take any pictures of that.

We yelled up and asked if he needed help. He said, errr… then a woman’s voice from in side the truck clearly said YES! We didn’t stay to watch the recovery, think they’re OK.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   
The Norris Lake Ice Breaker was a great time. Had an opportunity to ride many boards and meet some good surfers. I would like to thank all of the board manufacturers, Ed Sullivan and John Rodgers for all of the boards that they provided. Now, I'm looking forward to the Norris Lake Season Extender in October!
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
I found a little time during lunch to compress a few pictures
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
This is easy
Upload
Darn it
Upload

Back to work...
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-23-2007, 5:19 PM Reply   
Yes that is me (All 6' 215lbs) attempting a 900 on a 4'6" Walzer skim board. Mad props to Sean Walzer for designing a board like that. It was responsive, fast and so much more!!

Ed is a great ambassador for this sport and should be recognized for his efforts to promote wake surfing from the Ohio Valley to the South East.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-23-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
A couple more pictures I omitted Robbie from the first set. Robbie boosted about a foot of air on the Waltzer.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
Whoa! Dennis, how long did you last on that Surf Skate. I have one of them things and to see a man of your size out on that thing is quite impressive.

Thanks for the pics. Very nice looking LSV wake.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-24-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
That's me Ed Sullivan on the Surf Skate. I think that I'm close to the same size as Denis, currently I'm at 230 pounds a bit heavy I need to drop a few pounds. Last year I rode a smaller – tiny Trick Boardz Free Style or Velocity.

I slow boat speed down when I ride undersized boards. I rode the tinny Trick Boardz at 8.5 mph, a slightly larger one at 9 mph. Since John's wake had so much push I was able to ride the Skate at 10 mph.

That said the Surf Skate was too small for me, but so was the 4Skim and the Waltzer. I haven’t seen wakesurf board so small that I couldn’t ride it.

Actually I really like riding the small Trick Boardz Velocity at slow speeds. I can ride that board ankle deep in the water or deeper and just keep riding.

Six inches deep
Upload
Coming out of the deep water
Upload
Made it
Upload
One board is too big the other is too small both ride great
Upload
Old     (nickypoo)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-24-2007, 10:16 AM Reply   
Oops, I called you Dennis. Sorry. I went NASCARing last weekend and I think I'm still a bit pickled. Just got back to the real world last night.