Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Working on getting quotes to reuphoster an 88 SN 2001. It's been pretty frustrating...the quotes have been outrageous ($1200 - $1800)....and that's without carpet. Does anyone know of a good and affordable shop in the San Diego area?

Thanks!

p.s. Yeah, I know...TJ! Kinda saving that as a last resort.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-22-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
That's probably the running deal. Here in Cincinnati I have a new interior for about $1700 complete with the embroidery and all coming. I would tend to believe that you would be more expensive, so it sounds like you are getting a good deal. What is "cheap" to you? Have you considered those "towel" material covers from Primal?
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply, Eric!

I've seen so many postings on WW and other sites where people are spending under $1000. But, not really in this area. Labor rate here runs $45-$60/hr.
Unfortunately, covers wont work. It really needs redone.
May end up doing it myself
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-22-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
Take it down to Bario Logan. There are a few shops under the bridge that are resonable.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-22-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
Jim's Upholstery in Kearny Mesa is real good but I am not sure if they do full boats, they must. I have taken cars and boat stuff there. They are recommeded.

How much were you expecting to pay? Those quotes sound close, I am not sure. I would think you could get it done for 800-1000.

(Message edited by slipknot on February 22, 2006)
Old     (drewsy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-22-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
I've also taken stuff to Jim's before. Very good quality, maybe a little expensive??

Oh yeah, "reasonable"
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-22-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
I called Jim's a few days ago and was told they don't do full boats. Hmmm...would they notice if I brought in 1 piece every other week?!!!

Don't laugh, but I was expecting it to run around $600 (ok...laugh). But, damn, those are the numbers I've heard thrown around in the past months! If it were a 50k boat, 1800 wouldn't been that bad to put into it.

Bario Logan....I'll check out that area. Thanks!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-23-2006, 5:58 AM Reply   
My materials alone was almost $300 bucks. So then the 1400 remaining includes making the skins, having the name Correct Craft embroidered in the right place, and then putting the skins on the pieces. I think that's a bargain given calling the only dealer I've found "authorized" to make them and they wanted $2500 just for the skins, and an 8 month delay in getting them.
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
Well, I just got a quote for under 1000. But, it would be a single-color interior. Eric, I can't tell from your profile pic....is yours just one color? If so, can you post some pics?