Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-28-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
The USBR gives their forcasts for the rivers and reseviors in NorCal.

The 90% forecast means that 90% of the time the water level will probably be better than shown and 10% of the time it will be worse than predicted.

see: http://www.usbr.gov/mp/cvo/data/jan90B2.pdf for the 90% prediction.

I have to say, that if my local lake meets forcasts, it will be just 16 vertical feet below the top of the dam at the peak in May. Yipee!
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-28-2005, 11:10 AM Reply   
John,

Did you previously live in Morgan Hill? I think I recall that you used to ride at Anderson.

The reason I ask is because I've recently moved to Citrus Heights from San Jose and I used to ride at Anderson as well.

I rode at Folsom last weekend for the first time and had a good day, but from what I hear the lake gets pretty crazy in the summer months.

When you're ready to start riding again this year we should try and hook up.

Rob

Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-28-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Rob:

Yep. I moved to El Dorado Hills two years ago. Just about 1/4 of a mile from the Browns Ravine Marina / Launch Ramp.

We've got a great crew of people around here 7 to 10 people or more. Many of us have boats, and we also ride with some younger riders that are really good and help us old guys progress. Some of the younger riders also compete in the Wet Thursday events (and other local events) they have on Thursday nights at the River in downtown Sac., so we pull them around so they can practice as well as go out there to support them.

Last year we rode almost every Friday night starting at 4:30 or 5:00 until dark at a minimum. I like early weekend mornings too. It's pretty easy to put a crew/boat together at any particlar time.

Foslom can get crazy, but nothing like Anderson. There's no comparison. The lake is open early in the mornings so you can beat the crowds and there's no waiting lists. You can go in the morning, leave the lake and come back before dark for another couple of sets.

We also do a couple of trips to Oroville (Just 1.5 hours north of Sacto) for long weekends on the floating campgrounds. Send me your email and I'll add you to my email list. I'll start sending out emails in the spring for get togethers.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-28-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
Thanks John,

My email is rkthorson@yahoo.com.

I've stayed on the floating campgrounds at Oroville before. They are a great bargain and a lot of fun as well versus the cost of a house boat.

I'll probably ride at Folsom throughout the winter and spring, but when summer comes I'll probably be at the delta every weekend. I live about 7 miles from the Granite Bay ramp so unfortunately I'm on the other side of the lake, but we can work that out later.

Hopefully we'll be able to hook-up in the near future.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-28-2005, 1:11 PM Reply   
I go out of GB too cause I have a good friend that lives over there with a Nautique.

Have fun and I'll pop you an email in the spring.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-31-2005, 9:30 AM Reply   
What's up John,

Great news in regards to the water level. Can't wait to start riding again.

When do you think that you'll fire the boat up this year? I think that we started in late March/Early April this past year, and we'll try to do the same this year. Let me know when you start heading out, and we will hook up.

Devin
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       01-31-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey Devin:

I'm hoping for a March start. It will be cold I'm sure with all the snow run off. I was out there on Sunday taking the dogs for a walk and the water was up about 3 feet from the previous week.

I'm totally re-doing my audio system over the winter, so my tunes are going to rock this year.
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-31-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
I read your thread about putting your system together. Sounds like it's going to be great. Hope to hear it soon.