Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-21-2009, 12:29 AM Reply   
I have lost count of how many times I've clicked on somebody's name to find out what boat they have or where they are from only to be disappointed. Knowing this information about a poster can add lots of context to their comments.

Why not fill out the profile completely? I don't understand people who make reference to their $50k pride and joy but neglect to mention it in their profile with a pic or description. When I brought my boat home, posting a pic on this forum was the first thing I did!!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-21-2009, 12:36 AM Reply   
Maybe its because they don't have a boat or have several screen names just to raise a ruckus?
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 1:50 AM Reply   
CBF
Will one day
Actually
will when the new boat arrives. 40 Days.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 6:14 AM Reply   
that MB is just plain sex!!!!
+1 on the fill out your profile.
Old    K.B.C.            04-21-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
I personally could care less what boat somebody has. This is wakeworld not boatworld. I guess I'm just the opposite. I prefer to see photos of the person riding when I click on their profile, not their boat. To each his own.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Yea, but this is the "Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles" forum on WW, Scott. Knowing what boat & truck a member uses (or has used) says a lot for what their experience is like. If the guy is going on & on about Mastercraft or Ford or whatever, yet he drives a BMW & doesn't own a boat at all, what does that say for his opinion?

Another thing is location. If your looking for a new boat, and asking for help on WW, then knowing where your located is a big help. No point in giving a guy in New Hampshire ads for boats in Arizona.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
People don't fill out their information as this way they can be a "keyboard" commando!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-21-2009, 11:06 AM Reply   
They don't want to show you their true ages... You would probably be amazed at how many 13 year old kids comment of stuff they really don't know anything about
Old     (macanudo247)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-21-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
^^^^ hahahaha
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-21-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Or how a butt load of 50 year old b*tch at eachother like 2 year olds
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Funny Twitch......and true. lol
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Bill, I own a BMW and don't own a boat or a truck, does that mean my opinion is worth nothing? I also have probably ridden more boats than you can shake a stick at. I think I have the most unbiased opinion of anyone. I know what works and what doesn't, how does me not owning a boat change that?

Case in point this last weekend I rode with friends at the lake and rode a Sanger V210, two Super Air 210s and a Malibu V-ride. I think I have a lot more experience than some tool with the stock answer of "______________ is the best boat ever, everything else sucks." Hence my profile statement.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-21-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
It's nice to see someone's info. It adds to their credibility and to that of the site as a whole. I like to see where ppl are from and where they ride. To me, it doesn't matter what they have filled, just so its filled out. No point in trying to hide anything.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Hi Stephan,
So is your point that any guy who has never owned a boat or truck has more experience with boats & trucks than any of us who actually own them, change the oil on them & drive them everyday?

Just trying to understand. Maybe your right & BMW owners can tell me more about a Chevy or a Mastercraft that I have already owned for years.

I think you know what the original point was & your feelings were somehow hurt. So if you want to win, you got it.
Old     (drknute3)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 1:42 PM Reply   
Cuz I am really just a 14 year old kid and my daddy just bought me a $100K Mastercraft and I dont want to get hazed for it.
Old    K.B.C.            04-21-2009, 2:15 PM Reply   
His point is very valid. Unfortunately most boat owners of boat X or boat Y have a very biased opinion. Ownership goggles run extremely thick on this site. Just because somebody owns a MC or CC or BU or whatever and tells you it is the best boat on the planet doesn't necessarily make it so just cause they own it.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
This is funny. Allways someone getting butt hurt over pretty much nothing. LOL too much.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
By Scott (K.B.C.) (sperbet) Ownership goggles run extremely thick on this site.

Thats funny. Never heard it put that way. And it's true. Part of a guy doing his homework is going to be finding those & reading between the lines to find the truth.

But I think for the most part I would still get product opinions from actual users. They may be owners, or may not. But typically it's not the best idea to take a guy's opinion who knew someone, who sister's, boyfriend's, father said he who used to own a blahblahblah & it was badass.

My guess is that there are probably a few guys on this site who don't own a boat or truck but are still experienced boaters, boarders, on-water types. Those are the guys I want to know. And if they fill out their profile, it gives me some idea that they know what their talking about.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-21-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
No my feelings aren't hurt, you just pretty much described me to a "T" except for the part where you said someone like me has a less valid opinion. Definitely not upset, I stomped my run on Saturday, life is good!! You just made a very broad statement and I know there are a lot of folks that know a million different tricks regarding weighting, particular engines etc etc and don't own a boat. Jack of all, master of none!

As a matter of fact I am as you say a "guy(s) on this site who don't own a boat or truck but are still experienced boaters, boarders, on-water types. Those are the guys I want to know." Hi, I'm Steve, nice to meet you.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
HEhe, the funny thing is your profile is filled out. The debate was about those who don't.

Your right, broad statement, but I'd bet your the exception to the rule. You've been around here long enough & have seen some of the people who run their mouth & have little or nothing to base it on. Thats my point.
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 7:20 PM Reply   
What does Delta dave think of this question. I love when people demand full accountability on me and offer none in return.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
geeez dan why dont you just take dave out on a date. i swear every post you make on here is about him....
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
I would if I knew how to find him.
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
creeper
Old     (wakeitnofakeit)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-21-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
don't have a pic of a boat... 'cause i aint got one of my own.

but

I probably have one of the most filled out and longest profiles on wakeworld
Old     (lowend)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-21-2009, 11:49 PM Reply   
Oh no a wakecraft high jack.
haha just kidding big fella.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2009, 12:29 AM Reply   
Okay, I should clarify...

I didn't say the profile pic had to be of a boat (although I do enjoy those). My main gripe is folks who don't fill out the pertinent info on the table. I understand some folks may not want to share some personal info, but this is a wakeboarding forum. Is it too much to ask that we at least fill in our boats and boards? Also, why not add a slot for tow rig since that discussion comes up every other day?

One final gripe... why do people put pics in their profile that have nothing to do with wakeboarding? I don't get it.

BTW... this is idle banter. I love this forum and read it more than I care to admit.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-22-2009, 1:05 AM Reply   
I put much more stock in a boat whores opinion than a boat owners. Ownership googles are strong....

PS: Why do Big Heavy's cheeks look so fat?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2009, 2:13 AM Reply   
^^^ That's not the point. The request is simple, fill out profile. You have done that, so congratulations.

More information is better than less information.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-22-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
I just updated mine after reading this post.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
yea bobby, that boat be a planing hull, for sure.

shew, glad their wearing those helmets. if that boat'd roll, those helmets would be the ticket to noggin safety.
Old     (shwiezz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-22-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
Nice BobbyB!
on a positive note, you can't hear the wife telling you to slow down.
Old     (bobbyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-22-2009, 5:58 PM Reply   
LOL Guys it was a great time doing that. But that boat is gone. So now its time to get backing into wakeboarding.