Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       03-12-2018, 6:14 PM Reply   
I have spent the last few months reading countless threads on boats and wound up buying an 06 Enzo SV230. It is my first ever boat. and thank you to everyone that assisted when I posted questions while searching. We got hooked on wakesurfing last summer out at Powell and McConoughy. I have read previous threads on the subjects for hours on end and have a pretty good handle on most things but now need some specific advice. The boat came with a fixed trim tab. I bought a mission delta shaper and two 1000lb bags to supplement the 350 stock tanks. That seemed like the path of least resistance and get the same weight as the Enzo bags. Also bought the brackets to reinforce the panels. Now for the two questions.

Trim Tabs. I am goofy. Everyone else is regular. I have read that an asymmetrical trim tab will clean up the goofy side. For the life of me I just can't find where to buy one. Is the mission delta going to accomplish the same thing? Do I need to install one with an actuator as well?

Ballast. Boat is not close to me right now, but I recall there are vent hoses going through the lockers. No sideswipe. How does that work with the bags?

Trying to get all the parts together so I have what I need first time out.

All help is very much appreciated.

V2
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-13-2018, 11:43 AM Reply   
Your best option: http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php?/forums/
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-14-2018, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post

Just get a stick on wake shaper, they work awesome and far cheaper than trim tabs
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-15-2018, 7:24 AM Reply   
Wake shaper will be your new best friend.

I have Nauticurl and I played with the ballast and lead weight for years. This thing turned my boat from an alright wake to a really really good wake either side.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-15-2018, 2:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
Wake shaper will be your new best friend.

I have Nauticurl and I played with the ballast and lead weight for years. This thing turned my boat from an alright wake to a really really good wake either side.
That's what we like to hear!
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       03-16-2018, 5:05 PM Reply   
Got some great input over at centurioncrew.com . I think I have a game plan. Thanks for everyone's replies.
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       03-18-2018, 2:02 PM Reply   
Lots of good info on Wake Garage as well. There's many different surf device projects, info on controllers and just about any upgrade. Someone even made a homemade surf exhaust through a wake plate for a boat like yours. You bought a great boat. Have fun