Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
I recently stopped by my local play it again sports just because I was curious. Seeing as how winter is creeping closer and closer, i thought Id check out wetsuits. They had and old Oneill HEAT, only used once. It was a full suit and fully sealed in my size. I saw it and thought you know, a 400 dollar wetsuits gotta be expensive. I looked at the price and it was 39.99! 40 bux for a bitchin wetsuit. Of course I snagged it, and a nice 5'11" used surfboard for about the same price. The wetsuit looks literally brand new. No water gets in this thing, I tried it. Just though I'd share some of this info so maybe some of you guys out there can snag a good deal b4 its gone!
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-28-2007, 6:20 PM Reply   
That is a great place to look for your stolen wakeboards as well. Buddy of mine found all 3 of his there.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
Im not trying to be rude, by all means, but maybe your friend should keep a better eye on his boards. Unless they were stolen by someone breaking into his garage or car or something. I dont know the story though, but if it was stolen out of his boat that was sitting out I think that would partially be his fault, as thats how most boards are stolen.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-28-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
I dont know if that's a very good arguement Corey... No one should be at fault because they left THEIR stuff in THEIR boat on THEIR property.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-28-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
Corey, Im going to come steal your mail box. You left it sitting out on your lawn. Also, I want your garden hoses too. It seems like you leave those out frequently, you must not want them.

Stealing is stealing. I don't care what lock you have on it.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-28-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
true story leo, but i would not steal his mailbox... though stealing a garden hose is unlawful, stealing a mailbox is a federal offense that is punishable by death or being forced to two-ski for the rest of your life behind a sea-doo boat. the latter being the worst punishment, of course.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-28-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
You do know wetsuits are supposed to allow water in right!?
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-28-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
Play it again is a good place to pick up ballast...in the form of weights, like the ones you add to a curling bar. they are compact & get heavy real quick w/o taking up alot of space. I have even seen good deals on mailboxes too.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-28-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
Corey, I almost posted something similar to above, but I think you get the picture, lol.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Yea I do realize that stealing is stealing. That wasn't my point, My point was that there are going to be people that steal stuff, thats just the way some people are. Its just that I personally would keep my boards someplace safer than outside sitting in a boat. People tend to steal more often if something of value is sitting fairly out in the open thats all I was saying. No need flame me I was just making a statement. Seriously guys, Our car was broken into at the middle of the night and obviously somebody attempted to hotwire it. We found it the next morning in the middle of the street. That takes balls. But If somebody found a hundered dollar bill on YOUR property, theyd probably take it. A wakeboard is obviously not a hundered dollar bill, and It probably wasnt lying out in the open, but come on. I didnt mean for people to get into this big thing either, I was just making a statement, but next time Ill just be quiet...

Yea paul I know haha, but when I buy a sealed wetsuit I expect the least amount of water to get in. I was unclear when I said no water, because Im retarded sometimes. but it lets minimal water in at least. i swear though that thing shrink wraps you when youre in the water.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-28-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
For the record, If I found a hundred dollar bill on your property, I'd ask you If you lost a hundred dollar bill.

Remind me never to let you near my property.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
Hells yeah, I love play it again. I picked up a brand new 07 PS3 137 with bindings for a buck fifty and a 07 Catalyst wakeskate for a hundred bucks. I always thought they carried used
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
Ha bro you got me all wrong, I never said Id take the money, I just meant I think most, or at least alot of people would take the money. but thats just because Ive had so much crap jacked from me its rediculous. Your a good person if you would return the money to the owner.
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-28-2007, 10:03 PM Reply   
Anyways back on topic now that Im sorta bein flamed a bit, and I feel like an ass.

I hardly see new stuff at our play it again, But I love snaggin good deals on new stuff from there.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
same here, I'm what you call a bargain shopper. hehe
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-28-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
Geez people, the kid is stoked on finding some quality gear at a good price. Not like he stole anything from you. I understand that PIA can be an outlet for thieves, but damn people lighten up on a fella.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 11:18 PM Reply   
wow your play it again had new gear! ours has some new gear but most of its for baseball and football, ect.. maby new hydroslide or jobe bindings. haha your lucky!!!!

I always sell my old stuff to them and they are always fair.
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
I just hope the wetsuit wasn't *used* before you bought it....

(Message edited by team_o on August 29, 2007)
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-29-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
Nope, the suit was almost brand new. It was that really nice one too, the one with the black arms/legs and the 'brown' center section :-)
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-29-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
and almost never pee'd in. Maybe just once.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-29-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
I will be the first to admit that Play it again is a great place to look for deals. All I was saying is that it is also a place to check for gear if it has been stolen. I am stoked he got a wetsuit that he can use and extend the season.
Corey Dont take it wrong it was not directed at you as a person. Now get out and enjoy the weather before you have to have a wetsuit to ride.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
You guys are like a bunch of old lady's bitching about nothing!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-29-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Hell dude, if its what your lookin for at a price like that, go for it. just my thought
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-29-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
Play it again sports located on Orange Ave in Orlando always has used wakeboarding gear, since it's the closest one to OWC. A few people have been able to find their stolen equipment there after being at Odub.
Sometimes you find a few of the pros used gear there ae well.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-29-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Stealing is wrong period. Unless the board is sitting in some waterway somewhere that there is no one around I wouldn't take it and even if I did I would report it to the marina and if no one claimed it within a month then I would consider it mine. Plus I would post it on here. KARMA period. If you catch someone stealing your stuff you should be able to take the item and put it up there AS$
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
How much does Play It Again pay for wakeboards that stink of the poo?
Old    walt            08-29-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   

quote:

How much does Play It Again pay for wakeboards that stink of the poo?

BLAHAHA !
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
our play it again has some wakeboard gear, but not too much since wakeboarding isnt huge in the area I live in. Ive only seen about 3 wakeboard boats in my city, and the cities surrounding us.
Old     (wakeboardnchica)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-29-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
man i got all excited and visited the local Play It Again and didn't find squat =[

but at least they had a hyperlite board older than dirt AND a jstar board older than dirt
Old     (mobius67)      Join Date: May 2007       08-29-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
bummer, If Im desperate, I check the Play it again in towns near my lake. Talk about bargains.
Old     (jharristealth)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-29-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
Got my Ronix One 137 for 299 at play it again, with a MINOR blem.