Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
The long wait is killing me!!!
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-26-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Womens
Amber Wing
Dallas Friday
Nicola Butler
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Come on Adkison!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-26-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
he won?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
no i want ot here the news that he won... that is all
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-26-2007, 6:18 PM Reply   
Amber Wing, Phillip Soven, Reed Hansen, Mitch Langfield and Harley Clifford all take titles at the 2007 World Wake Boarding Championships in Reno, NV.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2007, 6:27 PM Reply   
lame
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-26-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
Chris Waters???
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-26-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
ahhh, reed hansen! Following that nationals title up with a worlds win...amazing!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-26-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Looks like Liquid Force had a good day. Phillip isn't my favorite rider either, but you have to be blind to not agree that he is at the top of his game...and almost impossible to beat when he's riding there. I say congrats on a nearly perfect season.
Old     (h20diva)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-26-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Let's not leave out Shauna Hoffman

"Shawna Hoffman (Butte Valley, CA), 15, took the top spot during today's Jr. Women's Wakeboard Division finals to take home the world title."

CONGRATULATIONS girlie!!! You ROCK.

(Message edited by h20diva on August 26, 2007)
Old     (brutto_76)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-27-2007, 1:20 AM Reply   
Massive props to Nicola Butler who came third in the Pro Women. This is a huge achievement by this young British rider. Fantastic!!!
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-27-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
Yeah Nicola is a great rider at only 15. She has a very good future ahead of her.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-27-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
If i remember right, Soven won Mens, Wing won Womens
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-27-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
There is a recap on the WW home page
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
Full results: http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1311
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-27-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
How come the recaps never include the trick list from each riders set along with the scores?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2007, 11:30 AM Reply   
Most likely because that would require somebody to look through about 40 hours of video to transcribe each set. You could probably reduce that to 3 or 4 if you just looked at the finals. Either way, the object is to get the results out as soon as possible to let people know who won. Obviously, something like that would delay everything and would probably be better to release at a later date.

We used to do that when Wake TV was out at the events video taping every move, but that's no longer an option. Sorry.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-27-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
Lets not forget Chris Full won Masters & Lance Duffett took Am Wakeskate!! Midwest Represent!!!

On the downer... Midwest rider Jeff Roman (veterans division) broke his leg in 3 spots on his semis run on Thursday. He is still laid up in the hospital in Reno.

Was a good time, but I don't think I will make the trip to Japan next year.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's a bummer about Jeff. Even worse is that I heard he drove out from Chicago and the leg he broke is his right one, so he's going to need a ride home!
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-27-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
That sucks! I hope he can get home okay.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
I was about to write a similar post on putting at least the hammer tricks thrown in the finals run, if not the whole run. I would have to disagree. With the amount of video cameras present, and the fact you can more or less guess what a riders' run will be, it should be pretty easy to report on what tricks were thrown in certain runs. This article as an example, "Bonifay and Ruck were the first two riders off the dock and both put up a valiant effort in the finals to earn fifth and fourth place respectively." How is that worthwhile information? I got just as much by reading the Placing Results. I feel that spending the extra time that may be required would advance the quality of the articles written on these elite competitions. Also, it could be seen as biased, but it would also be cool for readers to know what trick probably put one rider ahead of another, or that someone fell on this, which didn't allow them to advance. More detailed the better. Not trying to just bash away here, really just thought this to be a good recommendation because I thought about it this morning while reading this exact article. Started to read it, and actually went down to the placement list to look at scores for a clearer understanding. Increasing the detail, which will increase coverage and article quality, will bring more readers and 'hits' than getting the results, which were available everywhere else, out quicker. Thanks for what coverage there is though!
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-27-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Thanks for articulating what I was feeling, A-dub. I know it's possible, because it's been done elsewhere. As an example, this is probably the best event recap I've ever seen:

http://wakeboardnorthwest.com/?p=282
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
I never said it was a bad idea. It's a great idea. It's just that we don't have the resources to both take pictures AND video and transcribe each event. I'd love to be able to start doing that again! Jocko, where are you???
Old     (jpk)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-27-2007, 12:17 PM Reply   
Not bagging on you at all. I'm sure it's a chore. Maybe just find a way to get a hold of the scorecards at the end of the event which should contain the tricklists and total points?
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-27-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
Forrest- Is that where Worlds will be next year is Japan? Where did you find this info. Thanks
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
Understandable Dave. I don't mean to come off so critical, just trying to give constructive criticism. Thanks!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-27-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
Yeah Jeff was working in MN & drove out from there. He has a LITTLE Ford Focus so Annie & I flew his board back for him incase somebody is going to drive him back in that LITTLE car. He said he would rather fly home, but then was concerned about how to get the car back. I think we got him talked into flying to Oregon for a week or so to stay w/ his sister then have her drive him home...

I heard Japan was next year through the grape vine.... apparently it was at the end of the DVD's that Supra was giving to all the AM's....
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-27-2007, 2:59 PM Reply   
I went an saw jeff In the Hospital. Peter D. got all the pros to sign a get well shirt for him, he really appreciated it. way to go Pete ! Some Supra guy offered to drive his car back, so he was gonna fly home on tues, Get well soon "Nuggy" !!

and Yeah in the dvd they say, "see you in Japan next year"
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-27-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
We've actually tried to get the score sheets in the past with not a whole lot of luck, but I had actually forgotten about that as an alternate way of going about it. Maybe I'll give that another crack!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-28-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
>>We used to do that when Wake TV was out at the events<<

I MISS WAKE TV & JOCKO....definitly was the voice of the little guys!!

Update on Jeff...I called him yesterday on my way home from work... he was trying to walk on the crutches...