Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-30-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
My dad is looking at getting this boat. It is perfect size wise for our lake. Just looking for somemore insight on the boat. Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

It is a 2005 and has the team package. Hours are 167. What do you all think is a fair price?

It will be a do everything boat for us, my bro likes to ski and i like to wakeboard and everyone likes to tube, yeah i said tube.

Just looking for some more insight on this model. I have had a supra but had to sell and my dad just has a pontoon for the last few years.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-30-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
One of buddies has the same boat. With 1400 lbs it throws a monster wake. Not a pissed off trampoline like a 210, which may or may not be what you're looking for, but a nice transition into a firm lip. Has hydrogate so it gets on plane easy when loaded. Boat also surfs well. Can't comment on how it skis.

For a do everything boat, the 211 is damn hard to beat.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-30-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Love my boat (2006) and it will be my enduring boat for the long term future.

I can easily afford switching now to a 236/230 (which was not out in 2006), or the post-2007 210. But ... do not want.

(Although I have to admit, first year the 236 came out, I instantly had size envy. I got over it though.)

If you have anymore questions and if I have more time, I'll respond further at your request, but later.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-30-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Oh yeah ... for a serious slalom or 3-event skier ... probably will not like.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-30-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
"Not a pissed off trampoline like a 210"

This might be the best description of that wake I have heard to date.

I have no personal experience but everything I have heard is the 211 is probably the best all around cross over boat if you want a vdrive. The only thing I don't like is the seating arrangement but that is personal preference.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-30-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
New favorite phrase to describe a huge wake: "a pissed off trampoline" haha
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
I wouldn't say big wake. Nacho got it right when refering to the 210 wake, It feels that way because of the trough right before the wake.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
That "pissed off trampoline" is one sick wake! Learn it and you will love it! Ha!

However, I have heard great things about the 211. The wake is steeper than a Bu and has a longer/smoother transition than the old 210. Also, you only need ~2,000 for a great wake.