Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-27-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Can anyone help me out with info on Lake Don Pedro? I would like to know the water and air temps lately and if there are any stores near by such as market dinner places that are great. good places to board. I will be staying at a lake house and rolling in late not sure where the house is exactly in relation to the lake. Was told the marina is before the house and I am coming from So Cal.

Thanks in advance
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-27-2006, 1:32 PM Reply   
donpedrolake.com - all the info you need. Enjoy! Don Pedro is one of my favorite spots. Great water, clean, you can find good water all day somewhere to ride (find the two canyons that connect like a crecsent moon - best spot to ride), Never full
Old     (denjoe)      Join Date: Jan 2006       09-27-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
I agree, but there is not a lot around the lake to eat, etc. The water is very nice on the river. Main lake can get very rough.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-27-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
When u going? I think I am going to Pedro on Saturday. I live on tulloch too. Pretty hard core but I can't ride the five mile an hour zone anymore and there are still a bunch of tubers on the lake. BCP Mike
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-27-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
The water has been about 76 according to my temp guage. I really like pedro. I ride there 90% of the time. Actually heading up right now for a quick set and to bring the boat home from our slip *tear*
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-27-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
I should be there at night on Oct. 5th thru Sun the 8th. Thus the reason for wanting to find a place to eat rollin in kinda late. I can't leave So. Cal until noon and I figure 6-7 hours so I'll need some grub and want to get gased up. How late is the marina open if I want to drop the boat in and anchor in the cove near the house so I can get an early start on Friday? How far is the nearest market to get whats needed?

Thanks again
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
Need more info on where you're going and how you're coming in.

We get to DP on 120/108 off 99. Oakdale is our last chance gas / eat stop. Decent size town with plenty of stores and places to eat. It's about (guess) 25 miles from Flemming meadows area of the lake. We take the same route (just a little farther) to get to Mocassin (sp?) Point. From there we have also gone into Jamestown. Small "goldrush" town that rolls up the sidewalks pretty early. You have to go past the lake to get to Jamestown.

Coming from So cal, you're probably coming in off 132, 59, or even 140 to 49 (depending on what end of the lake you're heading to). I'm not sure where the best "last chance" gas/eats are coming from that way, but I'm sure somebody else will chime in here....
Old     (wakeboardin)      Join Date: Apr 2001       09-28-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Steve, Not sure where its located I should have all the info on Friday but have looked at the pictures that were awesome.
Thanks for the help and if anyone else wants to chime in please do.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-28-2006, 7:52 AM Reply   
We always head up from modesto on 132. If you are going that way you will pass through the town of Waterford and they had plenty of gas stations, supermarket, fast food, etc. You will still be about 25 minutes from the lake. Once you get to the turn off for Pedro (coming this way will take you to blue oak or flemming meadows launch) there is one last store. It looks like a houseboat but sells gas, snacks, beer, etc.
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-28-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
By the way the lake is butter right now! No one is there!
Old     (sanger1)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
Coming up from socal on hwy 99 you will want to take the J59 exit in Merced towards sonora. That will bring you in by the dam and blue oaks campground.Mapquest from there to the house.Dinner in Merced would be best since there is no restaurants around the lake.The houseboat mini mart is on your right before the blue oaks turnoff.Next closest place for real food and gas from the lake is Jamestown & Sonora.There is another marina off of hwy 120. A longer drive from the dam area but closer to jamestown/sonora. Hope this helps.