Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-03-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
what you all paying in the real world for your x1's with ballast, pp, and racks. Jut riding essentials not too much bling
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-03-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
new here just found the search option thanks
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-04-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
that should run you 43 to 45k depending on if you get triple ballast. the middle tank is like $1500 if i remember correctly.
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-04-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
$42995 is national advertized price for 2007
Hull, twin ballast. RTP Mulitport motor with MC speed control, new tower, single axle trailer.

shipping and prep is extra.
Options such as stereo bimini cover, 3rd ballst is extra.

2006 was 39995.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
What I don't understand is th MC cruise......It says it's standard, but when you option it out if gives you two choices.

Is that 45k MSRP or is that sale price? I"m trying to be around 40k out the door, but realistically 40k plus tax for the final sale. That reasonable? or you think 43 plust tax is more on?

Dealer is just 3hrs away here so I don't have the luxury of going up to just check out things . So when I go would like to be armed with an idea of the" sign the paper now" price so to speak. It's easy for cars, but boats just seem to be harder to get price info on.

Thaks for the reply's guys
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
also prob gonna add bimini and cover
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-05-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
It all depends on where you are. It could be 40 it could be 43. I know last year, o6s could be had for 36-39k during the winter months.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2006, 6:43 PM Reply   
I"m around the chicago area(well that is closest dealer anyways). I just have read here that 8% price increase......To me that is insane. I expect usuallyy 3-4% but 8 just has me scratcjin my head. I was all set this winter to go ahead and pick up an X1...Have been eyein it up for a while.....but that 8% just threw my numbers off for sure. Just finally got my old sport nauty sold. So for me just looking to see what kind of deal I'd be shooting for realistically. Just seems that boats are priced so differently in everyone's area to compare.

How about a good % off MSRP is there a standard good deal #
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-05-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
I"m around the chicago area(well that is closest dealer anyways). I just have read here that 8% price increase......To me that is insane. I expect usuallyy 3-4% but 8 just has me scratcjin my head. I was all set this winter to go ahead and pick up an X1...Have been eyein it up for a while.....but that 8% just threw my numbers off for sure. Just finally got my old sport nauty sold. So for me just looking to see what kind of deal I'd be shooting for realistically. Just seems that boats are priced so differently in everyone's area to compare.

How about a good % off MSRP is there a standard good deal #
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-06-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
Best thing you can do is go to the dealer and give them a number. If they can't fit your needs, you can always go elsewhere. Leave them your number, and magically when those interest payments come due for those Mastercraft dealers, they have a way of coming off of their prices when they call you back. As I said you can go elsewhere, search the net for Mastercraft dealers. If they are advertising on the net, they need to sell a boat. I know they have their own territory assigned by the factory, but that is bull, you show them the money and most of them will gladly sell you a boat out of their territory. Don't pay anywhere near msrp.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-06-2006, 6:31 AM Reply   
Also, dont count out a left over 06 or one with a few hours on it, if you find a deal...
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-08-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
SE TN new 2006 (leftover) X-1 with board racks, KGB ballast, and full length cover (no stereo,no bimini) for $40.9K closeout sale price.
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-08-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
SE TN new 2006 (leftover) X-1 with board racks, KGB ballast, and full length cover (no stereo,no bimini) for $40.8K sale price.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-08-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
supraman sent you an e-mail. Send me details interested for sure.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-09-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
Boat show season is upon us. This is the dealers opportunity to slang boats like no other. They are often more willing to deal and offer show incentives that might get you a ride in your range. Let em know you are shopping and getting some good deals elsewhere but you need them to work something that fits your needs.

Are you against a slightly used boat?

http://www.boattraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/6/2/2/86591522.htm

This boat has less than 50 hrs and could probably be talked down from its $39k price.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-09-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
40k is still a little high on that leftover boat. 38k would be more like it. As I said, before the 06 season base models could be had for well under 40k.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-09-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
The boat listed above on boattrader looks pretty good.
Old    abadsvt            12-09-2006, 10:51 AM Reply   
Yeah that boat in boattrader does look kind of good but if you look at the trailer i don't think it is a MC trailer. For an 06 they had different wheels and also i think it has those trailer buddy caps instead of the MC oil filled ones. I am not sure exactly what they are called. Just my .02
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-09-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
What kind of surf wake will the x1 produce?
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-09-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for that input........Well I did see that boat on boat trader......Not against a slightky used one but here is why I"d prefere a demo or something new.....Finance rates are almost 2.5% better on a new one. So essentially you will be paying around the same for a new vs a used. I said essentially. I know there will be a little difference, but also you are owning a brand new boat. kinda like a big deal to us as this will be a family purchase so that adds to it a little if you know what I mean.

Though I do love that color scheme as plain boats are my favorite

Thanks for all the help so far
Old     (kdsuprassv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-10-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
Connor, What did you think about the black 2006 X_1? I'd bet it could be bought for less than $40k.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-10-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
What bank are you dealing with? Rate should be the same or within a half point. My bank writes a loan based on the value of the boat(no loan more than 90%), thus a 1 or 2 year old boat, bought right, should have same rate as new boat. That black x-1 could be had for 39k I almost wish I had waited to buy my v-ride only because that boat is soooo good looking.
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-10-2006, 9:21 PM Reply   
Kev,

Gonna give him a shout tomorrow...DEf a very nice ride indeed. I will give you heads up and let you know what happens for sure. Would have never found that thanks for looking out........Appreciate it
Old     (bryguy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-10-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Any pics of that black x-1? Going to look at a couple of 06's in P-town on Thurs. Never been in one before, but I'm pretty excited about it from what I've read about them. My concerns are the size and the rough water ride.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2006, 9:41 AM Reply   
It can handle a double-up no problem....therefore rough water isn't that bad..

Of course it's no 24' boat that has the wieght to go through the wave..

For it's size it's actually really good... good solid thud and no shake..

Where I boat with have the 50'Sea Ray's on plane with their 4'waves routinely... So I've seen some good rollers..
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-11-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
ah, the x1 has a horrible rough water ride. It is solid, but it will beat the crap out of you in chop.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-11-2006, 11:15 AM Reply   
I will have to agree with paul. The x-1 is not the best at handling the chop. It is rough and can be bone jarring. It actually puts me in mind of the old school ski boats as far rough water goes.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
In terms of size... it's not bad.... I find you can really soften up the ride by filling the center ski locker ballast... puts the nose down and cuts the chop far better.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-11-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Who wakeboard in rough water, honestly?? Get your butts out of bed and ride at 7 am and you don't have to worry about that!
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-11-2006, 6:00 PM Reply   
I will second a little weight in the nose does help a lot.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-11-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
What, no pics on this thread?
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-11-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
Call mastercraft of charlotte talk to kevin hussey he seems decent

Try this link to lazy to shrink images

http://charlotte.mastercraft.com/searchengine/Details.aspx?diid=424222&bvdid=2423&type=N&indid=1 &site_type=template&sortCol=Length&sortDir=DESC&pa ge=1&#
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-12-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
It really funny how the people commenting on the rough ride don't even own a X-1 or like Mastercraft.. (old X-2) heck we even have Bu' owners.

Speaking from "true" experience you do feel the larger waves, what you expecting from a wakebaording boat that is only 20'long. Go for a ride in my nieghbors 24' Crownline, that thing rides like a Cadilac!!

you are confusing the intended purpose of the boat and try to make it fit in the runabout category.. Bayliners are much cheaper...

To get back onto topic, you need to find yourself a demo or year old unit. You can find these in the high 30's or low 40's and they will have excellent resale (believe you have <3% depreciation per year on average)

Typical industry average is 5-7% per year.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Speak for yourself bud, I have owned a Mastercraft.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Then you should know that it is an "Old School Ski Boat". But, did you own this paticular model, 205V, X-Star, X-2 or X-1? Fact is none of the WB Boats handle chop great. Of course some are better than others, but the ones that handle the chop the best have to be weighted down with a lot of ballast to get a great wake out of it. You guys kill me with all this Bull__it....
Old     (mim3)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-12-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Connor, I guess if we are pluggin good dealers here goes. Action is an awesome dealer. They will take care of you. Ask for Chris.

New X1's
http://www.actionwater.com/searchengine/Default.aspx?bvdid=2459&type=N&indid=1&sortCol=Len gth&sortDir=DESC&Display_Name=X-1

They also have a few used X-10's, X-2, and X-Stars.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Owned the x-1 matter of fact and it is the 205 hull, and other wakeboard boats do handle the chop better.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-12-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
matt, curious what caused you to change from a 2006 X-1 to a 2005 I-Ride? That seems backwards.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
I agree with you Matt, some handle better, but in my experience, none handle chop that great, and the ones that do are bigger than the 20'5" MC...
Old     (bryguy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-12-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Easy fellas, I'm not planning on taking it over the bar into the swells anytime soon, just wondering about your standard open water late afternoon chop. I'm coming from a 99' ski centurion bowrider that would beat the hell out of you and you'd think the tower was going to shake off w/ too much chop. I was driving across Shasta this summer next to my buddy who was in his 06 SAN 210. I got beat up on a twenty minute ride, he said he hardly noticed in his. Just wondering if I can expect similar things from x-1 which is real similar in size to his 210.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-12-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
I had the i-ride previously just never updated my profile.
Old    r3612            12-12-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Every SAN I"ve been in is just as rough as the Mc's. They just have a very flat hull that tends to give you some shots in the chop. There are def better riding boats in the chop than these two in the 20-21ft range, but you sacrifice the wakes that come out of the back. The boats with the deeper v's tend to have wakes that are more weight sensitive than those two boats. Reason is the V. Centurion, Supra and Sanger hands down I feel are the best 20-21ft rough water rides in the industry.

Still can't beat the humongous wakes produced by both the MC X-1(205V's) and the SAN's with weight. Just either one is not going to be the choice for rough water. Both are solid as hell though, but I chose the ride over the wake as I"m not going pro..... why I own my 3rd Centurion. We use aour boat for cruising and enjoying time on the water just as much as boarding so wanted a boat that did everything well. If i was purely concerned about having a humongous pro level wake by riding with 2500lbs all the time MC or SAN is def the boat.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-13-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Greg, maybe you should read profiles before you open your mouth. I was the one that commented on the ride being crappy. I own a 2001 X-Star. Same boat. It beats the crap out of you. I have been in quite a few wakeboats, and your right, none of comparable size are good, but the 205 hull seems to be one of the worst. I don't ride in the chop, but I live in KS and it is windy here. We have to cross the lake to get to the spot. Usually by the time I get there, my kidneys hurt and my beer is flat. I am not saying the boat rattles, it is very solid, but it just bounces hard. Sure putting weight in the front helps, but its all relative. This is the precise reason I bought another boat for just tooling around in.
Bryan, I would think the X1 would be a little better than your Centurion, but how much, I don't know. Its best to go and test.

(Message edited by psudy on December 13, 2006)
Old    r3612            12-13-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
Oh yeah....Bryan that particular Centurion has a flat hull so it would be in the same category as the MC andNauty's as far as the ride is concerned...very rough. The new wake hulls on the C4 Centurions are the one's with the deep V's. However the Mc and Nauty's will not rattle nearlrly as much as your Centurion....One reason you feel the tower is shaking off is that is one area that I wish Centurion would step up on. Mounting the tower to the side gunwales rather than having a top deck mounted tower allows for much more sway and movement in the tower along with more stress on the fiberglass which flexes. The top deck mounted towers are very solid Centurion does offer one, but it is only on the AVY and Enzo. But despite the tower the new boats are very very solid inside with their ICS contsruction and very deep V's

Not telling you to try and drop the MC idea at all, but take a Centurion Cylcone C4 or Lightning C4 for a spin after the MC their will be a wolrd of difference in ride as well as wake. WAke is al personal preference. But the MC x-1 has been a great standard and is one of the cleanest out there