Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old    thebiggmann            05-08-2009, 9:45 PM Reply   
So today pretty much for me super stoked for this season. Went out on the lake with my girlfriend and some friends for the first run of the year (I wanted to get out last weekend or earlier this week but just didn't have time... who needs school anyway?) Two of them are just getting into wakeboarding and it was great to see them out there getting started, and my girlfriend is really looking forward to learning this summer, but the water isn't quite warm enough for her yet at it's brisk 59 degrees surface, so she got her first experience driving today and was a freakin' champ; just about a perfect pull, which was great considering she was convinced she was gonna kill me haha. So anyways, no pics unfortunately, but I gotta say, second run out on the Lyman and I am impressed beyond belief. I was just rockin' the wedge behind my Response LXi, no fat sacs today, which by no mean throws a huge wake, and even off that I was getting booted like I've never experienced. Can't wait to give it another run with some weight, it's gonna be sick! Here's to summer '09!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-08-2009, 10:06 PM Reply   
I raise my drink biggs!
This was my first session of the season, it's just saying "it's on!"
Upload
Last week or so!
Upload
Old     (flwakecat)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-08-2009, 11:07 PM Reply   
Oh my goodness. You guys are either dedicated or nuts haha. I was a wimp when the water was 60 here in January... seeing snow behind ya'll - kudos!!
Old     (conar)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-09-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
josh the water still looks abit frozen in that first pic :P
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
the first picture would give a new meaning to face plant
Old    thebiggmann            05-09-2009, 7:31 AM Reply   
Hahaha josh that's awesome! Yeah it takes a bit for me to get my first set in since I don't have a wet suit. Trunkin' it before the surface hits like 50-52 is rough haha. I can't get over the hole in the ice tho, that's hilarious!