Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-01-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
So I saw this on another thread and am curious if anyone other than that poster has one. Looks cool. Questions I have :

Cost, looks like $2600+
Does that come with the canopy frame and mounting or do I have to buy a canopy frame also?
This would be used on a standard sit on the bottom of the lake 4000 lb. vertical boat lift. If I have to buy the canopy plus this not going to be worth it to me.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-05-2013, 7:16 AM Reply   
touchless boat covers are closer to $5,000, they usually custom fit it to your boat or desires, I had one made for my flats boat and in FL the bugs still get in the boat but it does keep the sun off
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2013, 8:02 AM Reply   
I'm guessing you were talking about the pics I posted the other day.... Yeah, they are closer to $5500 retail.

I see you're in the cities- There's a new dealer out here in Buffalo that got setup last spring when I bought mine. There's another dealer down near Lake Minnetonka, but they were a lttle harder to work with.

The price includes the complete canopy frame. The only thing you need are the uprights on your lift to bolt to. Once you have a lift picked out, you need to measure where the uprights are, get your total length and width, etc.... It's not all that hard. Feel free to PM me with questions....
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
I was thinking about it not keeping the bugs out. A simple draw string on the bottom would do wonders for that set up.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
I had some bugs in there..... But not all that bad really. The bottom of the curtain has a solid frame in it, that holds the curtain down. You would need to add fabric below that to create a "bottom" to the curtain. This is going to trap moisture in there though. One of the great features of the cover is that you can leave compartments open on the boat to dry everything out. If you stop the air flow, you're not going to dry out.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2013, 11:00 AM Reply   
WOW!! For that no thanks. It's a cool idea, but for that much there are better options.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2013, 11:20 AM Reply   
Have you shopped around for boat lifts yet? Most manufacturer’s basic canopies are in the $2500 range. Add the 12”-24” side extensions and they’re an extra $1000-$1500. The Touchless Cover is marginally more, and covers your whole boat! (Hint- no gel coat fade!!!) The resale value of your boat will more than make up the price difference in canopies.

Also- the convenience factor is awesome. I never have to cover my boat when I put it away. One key fob raises my hydraulic lift, the other lowers the curtain, and I walk away. (After wiping the boat down with Hot Sauce of course!)

When you’re shopping lifts, ask them to quote the canopy separate (Most include it as part of the package). You’ll see what they’re really charging for the canopy, and this cover will make way more sense.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-05-2013, 1:13 PM Reply   
My guy must be cheap because I was quoted less than $2200 with the extensions. I also have no intention of buying new. Waste of money in my mind. Nothing on a lift to wear out except the cable and winch. I can buy what I want(4000 lb vertical) used for for $3500 or less with a canopy. Just need the extensions then which I can have made locally for around $800.

I can buy a brand new 4000 lb. with 26 foot canopy, side extensions, wheel kit, assembled and floated to my dock for about $5500. Thats alot cheaper than $5500 for just the cover. Don't get me wrong it's super cool and Im sure it protects great. My boat is only going to sit on the lift on the weekends. It goes in the garage during the week when we aren't at the cabin.
Old     (Gare)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-22-2013, 10:49 AM Reply   
boardman74
Let’s say if you buy a lift for say $4300 used including a side curtain plus a mooring cover. If your boat is in good shape the Touchless Cover will keep out the driving rain and damaging sun as well as birds and are a theft deterrent. With your used lift you have to still put the manual cover on to keep the sun and rain out and bird mess and even with an extended canopy, they still don't cover your entire boat, leaving it exposed to the harsh elements. The sun will damage your boat slow until it’s time to re due the gel coat $$$$ and that’s very pricy. Boats are very expensive to just let wither away.
With a Touchless Cover, you can leave it on your lift all season rather than removing it. The Touchless Cover will pay for itself when you trade it in and nice boats sell fast at top price. I have seen this time and time again. Remember that you pay for what you get and our Touchless Covers will last for many many more years than a canopy due to the type of high end materials we use. If you want to keep your boat in pristine shape, this might be the answer. Get on and off the water fast, plus keep everything dry plus there is an area to hang up your vests to dry, so no carrying them to the house or putting them in a storage compartment to mildew. This cover ventilates very well.
Enjoy the upcoming season and ski/ board well

Gare
Old     (Gare)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-22-2013, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
So I saw this on another thread and am curious if anyone other than that poster has one. Looks cool. Questions I have :

Cost, looks like $2600+
Does that come with the canopy frame and mounting or do I have to buy a canopy frame also?
This would be used on a standard sit on the bottom of the lake 4000 lb. vertical boat lift. If I have to buy the canopy plus this not going to be worth it to me.
The cost is as a kit that comes with everything less the 4 canopy posts only, no canopy to buy, it's included and as far as the price, that would depend on the boats size. Protect that baby to its best to keep its value up.