Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-02-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Im buying these bindings. My question is do I buy size 11-12 or 12-13? I have size 12 feet. Im buying them online so I dont get to try them on. Anybody with a size 12 riding these that can help!?
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-03-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       12-03-2007, 5:38 PM Reply   
I don't own the Shanes, but when I bought my bindings I used the store's demo Shanes to size my feet for the Watsons I wanted. I have about a size 10 foot and ended up with the 10-11 Watsons (they're still a little tight, but I like snug bindings). Hope this helps.

-Steve

P.S. Is there a shop you could go to? I'd be worth a couple extra bucks to know you're getting the correct equipment.
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-03-2007, 7:06 PM Reply   
I wear a size 12 and got 11-12's. I have a thin foot and the bindings are still snug on the toes. I like a snug binding but more in the heal area. I went ahead and re-laced them so that you get more heal lockdown on the top string and less on the bottom string. It works for me!!
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-03-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
anthony i bought the 12-13 boots, and they fit perfect. i would suggest those over the 11-12. its better to get bindings a little bigger, because since their closed toe, you have more of a risk slaming your toes if your boots are to tight than a little big. hope this helped
Old     (sxjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-03-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
Im a solid size 12 and bought the 11-12. Love them, perfect fit. I personally have never "slammed my toes". The outer area around toe is starting to seperate. Right now it looks cosmetic but I dont know for how much longer. The 08 model will have "significant improvements".
Old     (bbower)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
cary, i strongly disagree. The reason people slam their toes up front and break toes and whatnot, is b/c the binding are too big and their foot has room to slide forward and hit. If they fit snug, you won't have this problem. And i can already see the next post..."yea it does, it'll go straight through!" BS! It MIIIGHT go through if you are a 12 and your wearing an 8. but think about this for second. Put on a pair of steal toed boots and kick like a wall or something. If the boots are too big, your probably going to break your toe, if they fit, it'll just stop. The energy will be dispearsed throughout your body rather than directly at your toes.

PS... i wear a size 10 shoe, i have the 07 shanes in a 9-10, and they are the most comfortable things i've ever worn, they fit like a glove!