Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
ok
I have finished the vpod install with my illusion x tower
I've got my LANC controller installed
the pan/tilt unit installed...just gotta make a plate to mount it better to the Trakker

A question for anybody

I was hoping that the camera's status would show on the lcd monitor....pause/record...etc....but it doesn't

can this be remedied? or is it just a "viewfinder" without the camera's display items

I will post pics in the next several days

thanks
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-17-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
On just about every camera I've ever seen the video out doesn't include of the status or recording info so I don't think that will work. The video out is designed for playback to a TV or other recording devie so it's not really designed to do what you're wanting there. But read your manual if there is a VF or LCD mirroring setting that would be it.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
thanks
I will give that a shot
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
ok guys...here it is....
when I use my big Canon camera, the display/menu settings show up on the lcd screen
it is probably because the LANC controller is a canon...and the camera is high-end
it doesn't work with my sony...hopefully a sony LANC controller will solve that

as yall can see, I have completed the pan/tilt install!
thing works like a charm!
the pics are dark, but show...
...remote controller...by the throttle
....lcd monitor/mirrow..on a mirror arm (had to fab the brackets to fit the illusion x
....can't really see the brackets that we made so the Canon mounts with 2 holes...but will powder coat next week
....on the otherside of the under..steering wheel area...I have the accesory switches that control the monitor and tower lights
I'll try to post some pan/tilt video next week

will probably work out the kinks with the smaller camera...the big one makes the whole setup pretty heavy

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2006, 8:38 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
that's pretty trick.

Can you get some better close up pictures? I'd like to see how you mounted it and the mirror LCD
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-25-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
So what pan's the cam? the rope or is it motorized and controlled by you?
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Man that looks like a great job.
It seems like a person operated controller. If so, should'nt that pan/tilt controller be operated by someone other than the driver.......CRASH.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-25-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
It's amounted on a regular Trakker system where the direction is controlled by the rope
\
the pan/tilt is used to fine tune a shot...zoom on a face or adjust distance when using diff rope lengths

I mainly got it to video surfing...where there is no rope

I don't always use it...sometimes just mount the camera to the Trakker
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-25-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
Post some video when you've had a chance to get the system dialed. I've never seen any Trakker footage shot with a decent cam. The main problem with it (that I've seen to date) has been either the shot trails the rider or the direction transition is whack (if you set it up to keep the rider behind in the frame) I always wondered why someone couldn't rig a fluid head to it to try and correct that. Surfing should be good to shoot with it's much closer range.