Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-07-2010, 6:46 PM Reply   
I finally got around to getting some pics of the boat and system and figured I would post up as I have been getting asked about it. I am going to get some better pics soon as some make the red look orange etc..also the pics behind the truck where the day i picked the boat up with the factory Tige Wet Sounds system. Then after are from the Austin boat show of the finished system

Here is the breakdown.

Boat: 2009 Tige RZ2. Black and Red with Alpha Z tower. PCM 343 engine with factory ballast system. Custom gel coat with black accents in the front vents and rear doors.

Trailer: Custom one off Boat Mate trailer. Owen at Boat Mate hooked it up. I found these 18 inch wheels that were black and red from Ballistic Off Road that matched the color of the boat. Well they are 6 lug. So not a pattern standard on the current trailers but after seeing them, Owen said "I'll make it work, you gotta use those wheels" So he made custom axles in that lug pattern. Awesome guy to work with. Trailer is blacked out everywhere. With LED lighting, landing lights, spare, swing away.

Wrap: Wrap was a concept I had about doing a medevil type theme. So it has the skull with the kings crown and a sheild and sword and medevil graphics. I worked with Mario at Wake Graphics. He came up with a ton of concepts for me and we got it nailed down. Mario and his guys drove to Tige and installed the wrap at the factory.

Stereo: Hydrotunes did an amazing job as always. This is the 3rd demo boat they have done for us. And I can tell you the 3rd time is a charm. I had some basic ideas and they suprised me with what they came back with. The amps in the floor was a suprise. It is pretty wild.

So mad props to the guys at Hydrotunes. Install is super clean and completely functional.

Breakdown:

1 pr Wet Sounds PRO 80
1 pr Wet Sounds MB-8i
5 prs Wet Sounds XS-650 (1 pr in bow, 1 pr in custom pod for driver, 3 prs in rear)
2 Wet Sounds XS-XXX in dual slot loaded enclosures
3 Wet Sounds SYN-4 amps. (1 running PRO 80 for 400x2, 1 running MB-8 for 400x2 and one running 4 pairs of XS-650 for 200x4 at 2 ohms so 100 watts per XS-650)
2 Wet Sounds SYN-1 (1 on each XXX woofer at 1 ohm mono so 1000x1)
1 Wet Sounds SYN-Micro (mounted up behind dash powering the bow XS-650)
1 Wet Sounds WS-420
Clarion CMD-6 and transom remote at drivers and on transom
Schoshe EFX wire and RCA cables. Power and speaker wire and fuse holders and distribution blacks.
XS Power batteries. 6 total. 4 of the D2700 and 2 of the D2400. If you haven't checked out these AGM batteries, take a look. They have some serious juice! Also, added dual intellipower on board chargers/power supplies.
Red LED's added in all the vents, in all the XS-650 behind the tweeters, accents on the subs, plexi rings on the tower speakers, added plexi accents behind the Tige logos on the seat and tower sides, and accent on the amps.

the 5 SYN amps are built into the floor. This entire secton was built to be very strong and waterproof. Solid 1 inch plexi. Internal tub is wrapped in the same vinyl wrap to match the exterior of the boat with red LED's. It is raised up a little and sloped to the main floor. Hydrotunes got with Tige and got some factory carpet and then had a custom snap out made to cover the entire floor. It is also felt lined to not scratch the plexi. So when at the lake, the snap out is on and looks factory. You have to look hard to see it is rasied up.

The XS-XXX are on the same plane from port to starboard. Both in dual slot loaded boxes. They are trimmed in factory vinyl with plexi LED accents. When you open the seats, they are decked in factory carpet and they built a shelf on top to hold life vests etc...

The factory garbage door was removed and a plexi panel cut with the cross shape and led back lit. This was black metal mesh. This is used for the port woofer to vent into the boat. Works really well.

We will get some you tube video of the bass in this boat. Seen a lot of boats ripple the water and some make some splash but this one gets the water going so much it bubbles and looks like boiling water all around the boat.

Custom pod under the dash housing the WS-420 and pair of XS-650. Works really good for the driver to have some tunes right there.

All the batteries were split for 3 on port and 3 on starboard. they are built up into the area under the seats between the area from the back lockers and the under seats. This is so they are balanced for weight and for my surf ballast system. We have a 750 sack in the back port locker. Plus we have 800 pounds of Pop Bags, we line the sides under the port side seat and the nose

So the entire system was built around the way I set my surf ballast up.

Let me know any questions or pics you want to see and I will be happy to add to it.

I want to personally say thank you to

Rick and Danny and Charlie at Tige of course!! www.tige.com
Owen at Boat Mate www.boatmatetrailers.com
Trey and Justin at Hydrotunes www.hydrotunes.com
Scottie at XS Power batteries www.4xspower.com
Nathan and Manny at Scosche www.scosche.com
Mario at Wake Graphics www.wakegraphics.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Attached Images

Last edited by wetsounds1; 03-07-2010 at 6:51 PM.