Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
I've been trying to land a tantrum for a while now and keep getting so close. I landed it once. Every time I try it i do a full rotation, clear the wake, everything but i land on my board and then fall. Any tips for landing?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2006, 6:53 PM Reply   
which way do you fall?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-16-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
either way. I'm not spoting my landing so thats probably the problem but how the hell do u spot the landing while ur doing a back flip
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
wait................

wait.......................

wait until the very top of the wake!!!!!!!!
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-16-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
Manny-
The tantrum should be one of easiest to spot. If you are looking up, and have your eyes open, you should be able to spot the water half way through the rotation. One thing that helped me on the landing was to have my lead arm in a little to help absorb some of the impact. When I land with my arm extended I tend to have a hard time hanging on.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
paul has a very good point. Make sure you are riding all the way up the wake.
once you're past half way you can spot the landing on the tantrum, just look for the water. keep your eyes open too.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
when you flip ur body is usually going to follow where your head goes when you throw the flip. when i lwearned them i always wanted to tilt my head to the right so this cause me to twist my body all wierd. just keep your eyes open and wait until you hit the top of the wake to flip.
hope that helps
Old    murrayair            05-16-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
Make sure that your body is in the right position when you start to flip. It helps to look slightly back over your rear shoulder or to extend your rear arm straight out behind you(180 degrees from the boat) and open your chest to the sky at the beginning of the rotation.