Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
I need some help. I am currently going to install a liquid trends tower speaker box. I wondering which speakers to put in this box. Any help would really be appreciated.
I will be running a phoenix gold amp (4 channel) with 125 watts per channel.
Thanks in advance
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-22-2006, 6:40 PM Reply   
Dont have any advise cause Im in the process of doing an enclosure and picking out speakers. If you would though, once you made a decision, post a picture and let me know how it sounds.
Good luck with your choice.
Old     (cartronics)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-22-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
JL Audio TR690TXI fit really well in those boxes
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-22-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
Rod, is that 125 RMS? If so, you might want to look into the Audiobahn Marine 6x9's. I don't usually by "marine" speakers but these are totally waterproof, have an RMS of 120 watts with a peak of 240 and they have horn tweeters to help dispurse the sound better then coventional speakers. I just put 4 of them on my tower and they are great!!!Upload
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-22-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Patrice, yes it is 125 rms. I was looking at the pioneer A6199S speakers. I saw grant usned them on an install so them must be pretty good.
Old    norcalbrdrydr            04-23-2006, 3:02 AM Reply   
The kickers are pretty nice. The DS693's.

sorry for the poor pic quality
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    catfishh            04-23-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
what's the best deal anyone has found on one of these tower boxes? I was thinking of making one but it probably would be less stressful and worth it to just buy one..
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Jeff, I have debated on building one for awhile now and what scares me the most is fiberglassing...never done it before. BUT, I met this guy on here that done one and he sent the step-by-step instructions. Extremely detailed and well worth it. Give your email and I will send it to you tomorrow if you like. Just take a look at it and see, you may find that its better to make your own.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-23-2006, 1:25 PM Reply   
I would run the Infinity Kappas with neodymium magnets. They are light, super efficient and 2 ohms so you can run them in series off a good 2 channel amp.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-23-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
The tricky thing about that box is the small area around the perimeter of each speaker. Some 6x9's work and some don't due to the size, shape of the grille. I'd go with the JL's or another that is known to fit.
Old    catfishh            04-23-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
yeah, i have done some glasswork in the past but i will never turn down some good info-email is thjh1127@yahoo.com. thanks.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-24-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
Psyclone hit it right on the money!!! Although its really easy to trim out the perimeter to open it up for any speaker....We manufacturer them with smaller perimeters allowing them to fit all speakers with minor cutting/trimming...
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2006, 8:07 AM Reply   
Joe B,
What speakers would you recommend? Im not too concerned with the price. I just want to get the right speakers the first time.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-24-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
I like the kicker KS or the JL's....either ones sound great!....You might get a bit more volume out of the KS's....Are you going with the four 6x9 box or the six 6x9 (not that it matters...lol)
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-24-2006, 9:46 AM Reply   
Joe B,
I went with the four 6x9. I have that funky tower CC used in 04 so I didnt think the six 6x9 would fit. Thanks for the info.