Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-04-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
Picked up the boat last spring, towed it with brother's truck. Bought 06 4Runner in December and finally pulled the boat with it Sunday.

Upload
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-04-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Nice color matching, the color scheme on the Nauti is sweet. How does it tow, I tow with a Trailblazer and a Silverado and the Silverado handles my boat with ease, the Trailblazer struggles a little bit.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-04-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
Nice set-up. What size engine? and how did it pull? What is the wake foil on the rear? Does it always hang so low, or can you flip it up.
Old    bocephus            04-04-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
Wake foil on the rear? I think you are looking at part of the trailer, it hangs down to protect the prop/rudder when going over a incline/decline.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-04-2006, 11:57 PM Reply   
Bo... the nautiques do have a wake plate now too
Old    bocephus            04-05-2006, 12:02 AM Reply   
No they don't, I have been shopping for a 210 and I haven't seen one yet. The 210 doesn't need one!
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-05-2006, 5:05 AM Reply   
I think you're looking at the rudder.

Sweet looking setup Thomas! Love the powdered flight control.
Old     (tdeneka)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
4Runner is the 4wd V8 Limited with XREAS suspension (stiffer than standard). The Engine is 4.7L w/ vvti. Old SAE rating is 270hp/330tq new SAE rating for same motor is slightly lower.

It towed very well. My brother's truck is an F250 SD, so it towed very well; but I actually enjoyed towing with the Toyota better for the most part. Going up steep hills was obviously easier with the diesel, but on the flats and on the highway, the 4runner pulled quite hard, would probably beat the F250 0-70 towing the boat. Now, put the horse trailer on both and it is a different story!!!! Visibility was very good. The weight of the 4runner is enough that the boat wasn't pushing me around. Pulled out of water and up the ramp very easily. Overall a great experience.

As far as the "wake foil" or "wake plate" goes, it is the trailer prop gaurd. The 210 does not have any such feature. I believe that only the 211 and 220 have the "hydrogate" which is not something that would be obviouse from a distance (it is a very small mechanism compared to the wedge, for example).