Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-12-2017, 1:55 PM Reply   
Anybody else feel their toes drag when they cut out toeside edge. I feel like it slows me down.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-14-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
It's possible that you are riding a board that is too small or that your bindings are not set up correctly. You should really feel any drag at all. I ride a 142 and have size 13 feet with no toe drag at all.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
Turn your board and body into the wake more
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2017, 3:03 PM Reply   
I'm 6'4 and ride a 145cm. I think my bindings are centered
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-14-2017, 3:55 PM Reply   
On a modern board toe-drag is impossible unless something is really wrong with your mechanics. It sounds like your board is pointed at the wake, but you aren't on edge.

Keep your chest up and don't point the nose of the board at the wake. Just evenly drop to your knees and as your board naturally develops angle get your lead shoulder pointed more at the wake. Your arms can be relaxed, just keep them low. Turning your shoulder will put the handle down at your lead butt cheek.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-14-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
I've been jacking around with youtube today. Here is my classic TS approach. This is a 720 and it is good example because to land these, I really have to concentrate on my body position approach and pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_nNYeq6Jko
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-14-2017, 5:13 PM Reply   
"When cutting out toe side" for a heel side approach, yes I do feel toe drag pretty often. Used to drive me nuts before closed toe bindings. Not sure if it's normal but only happens when I'm railing out there on a hard edge for a big HS trick. Cutting in TS to the wake it should never happen as everyone else is explaining
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-15-2017, 5:21 PM Reply   
Yeah I meant cutting out toeside getting ready for a heal side approach is when I feel it
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-15-2017, 7:39 PM Reply   
Hmmm... that's odd. What is your boat speed?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-16-2017, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Hmmm... that's odd. What is your boat speed?
That was going to be my next question!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-16-2017, 8:42 AM Reply   
It's just bad form. You're leaning, but you're not turning body into the direction you want to go.
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-16-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
I figured that's what it was. I'm going 23mph
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-17-2017, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
It's just bad form. You're leaning, but you're not turning body into the direction you want to go.
That's my thought. I occasional dig in with my toes going switch TS and always assume its bad form.