Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
Check this out everyone. Watch out for this weekendhttp:../../..www...contracostatime..s...com/..contracostacoun..ty/ci_12673754Operation Dry Water targets alcohol use on DeltaBy Paula KingEast County TimesPosted: 06/23/2009 03:27:59 PM PDTWith a goal of reducing the number of alcohol-..related collisions and fatalities on the Delta, the Contra Costa sheriff's marine patrol will take part in a nationwide Boating Under the Influence enforcement event this weekend.From Friday through Sunday, the unit will conduct patrols in various Delta locations to target dangerous and impaired boat operators. Last year, the unit arrested at least 30 boaters on suspicion of being under the influence on the water, a 100 percent increase from the previous year."Reducing the number of alcohol-..related collisions and fatalities is a key to achieving safer and more enjoyable recreational boating," Contra Costa Sheriff Warren Rupf said in a news release. "In 2008, 49 percent of all boating fatalities were a result of alcohol use, according to the California Department of Boating and Waterways. This is unacceptable and totally preventable."Operation Dry Water is a coordinated weekend effort to deter alcohol use on the water nationally. Lt. Will Duke of the unit said the message is to avoid drinking while operating a vessel.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
Already a thread on this KP. But good idea on reposting it. Supposedly this will be a national deal, not just the delta. So we better watch it at Tulloch too

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/709729.html?1245859652
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-25-2009, 4:20 PM Reply   
They have a boat sitting on Indian slough right before Orwood checking everyone going in at the end of the day. We sit on our deck and watch write people up!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
I'm glad they are doing this. I have no problem with people getting hammered while out on the water, as long as the boat driver is still cool to drive. I hope they arrest more than they did last year. Way too many boat drivers out there now putting other people in danger.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2009, 6:26 PM Reply   
how 'bout just don't drink and drive and you won't have anything to worry about?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-25-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
how about... WATCH YOUR BOOZE ALWAYS!
Old     (trevorg7)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-25-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
I could not agree with the last three posts more.

T
Old     (68wakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-29-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
It's getting much better, not only watch out on the water but on the road ways. Just be responsible and safe. Orwood is our launch ramp of choice and what ever they do to make it safer I'm all for it.
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
I know there's alot of us responsible boarter/boarders. but there also a lot of fing idiots out there and i hope they get caught. But the last thing I want is one of us that has 3 beers in the sun to get popped at .08
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
.08? They don't honor that number any longer, because CA is broke. You have anything in your system, your getting written for it.
Old     (freshtracks)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-30-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
lifevest in a stationary position....haha... douche bag got lucky he was just arrested, the cop should of beat his ass to shut him up.