Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (powercorps)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-23-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Over the past several years I have met so many boarders who have got their gear replaced with warranty. Now if there is a legitamate factory defalt with the stuff or it breaks out of normal use I see no problem with getting new stuff for free. The customer service of all the companies I have dealt with (hyperlite, LF, SS) is amazing. And I have heard good things of just about every company. I am also hearing stories of people getting new stuff after the warranty is out or after ripping a binding out doing a full speed face plant. Wakeboarding is a small sport and to keep it alive we need to not take advantage of the companies that supply our gear. If they go out what the freak are we supposed to do. Again, I am not saying dont complain if the reasons are legit. I am guilty of this too. Last year I replaced a good pair of bindings becasuse the pretty stuff on the outside was falling off. There was no reason that I could not keep on riding them. I imagine there are going to be some people who really get mad at this post and I admit i do not know much about the financial situation of the wakeboard manufacturers but I think my friends and I have been taking unfair advantage of good service.