Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-18-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
The saying goes, "the 2 best days of ownership are the day you bought it and the day you sell it."

Not true for me.

My 2 best days were the day I bought it (cried like a baby), and the day I injured my knee (cried like a baby that day too). I know that sounds crazy but I was having my best day before I got hurt.

With that said; my 2 worst days were the day I injured my knee, and the day I sold it (didn't cry too much ).

Hey gang, I'm a whore once more!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-18-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
two best days are:
day I brought it home.
first day took it out. did not even ride that day. (bad ankle) just stoked to be pulling my wife and bro's behind "my" boat. awesome feeling.
have not had any "worst" days yet. still get stoked seeing it in the garage. regardless of that fact that I know it is not coming out for another month or so.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-18-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
Sean, what's the dillyo? Never saw that coming.

Will you be my whore?
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-18-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
As long as you have the proper hair length.

My boat had been collecting dust in my garage for almost 4 months, and it bummed me out to see it sitting there. I'm still not able to ride (1 year come March), and I may need more surgery (that's a whole other story), so I decided to get rid of it and free up some money.
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-18-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
I'm always down with hanging with some bros... Even if I don't ride.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-18-2005, 6:15 PM Reply   
My two best days are the first time I saw it and the first time I got behind it on a rope!
Old    fun9c1            01-18-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
One best day for sure was when I brought it home. Like a proud papa!

Kind of ironic, though, my WORST day for sure was the first time I took it out! The weekend after I bought it, I was going to go out on it come hell or high water. It was a "little" windy, but I didn't care, I was going out. With my wife... We get to the ramp and people are saying, "oh man, I wouldn't take that out if I were you"... "man, you're crazy, theres a hell of a chop out there"... Of course my wife is hearing this and saying like a broken record, "I don't think we should be doing this". She was right. We got out of the channel, it was about 50* and windy as all hell, and about a 2' chop. We were freezing even with our jackets on and getting sprayed like crazy. I almost shut it off and floated with the wind so we could have our picnic, but since it was the first time I ever used it and had no idea how reliable it was, and didn't have an oar or an anchor (I know I'm gonna get flamed for that one...), I decided not to shut it off but say screw it and head back to the ramp after being out 5 minutes. We ended up having our picnic in the boat, in the parking lot where all the trees broke the wind nicely...

Thank God I didn't shut it off out there because when I went to start it back up to drive it on the trailer- it didn't start!! Had an idea on the way home it was probably the NSS, and it was. Figured out I have to jiggle the throttle just right to get it to start half the time. It's a nice theft deterrent system. NOBODY that drives my boat can seem to do it except me. I should name her "Christine"...
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-18-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
One of the best days was the first model shoot with Breanne, the next best day was the shoot this year with Lauren :-)

Actually the day my wife and oldest son (7 at the time) both got up for the first time on a board will always be a best for me.
Old    jmo52            01-18-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
Best day first day out on my new baby. The worst later that day when I seperated my rib caseing the wake.
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
Any two consecutive days at the river where it all comes together. Perfect weather, water, company, etc. These kinds of days are hard to put into words but a picture gets it done:

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-19-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
TSO...WELL SAID!!!
Old     (sandbag)      Join Date: May 2002       01-21-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
I have had sooo many best days with my boat.
The day I saw it.
The day I bought it.
The day I got the custom tower
The day I finished the stereo install
The day I got the new trailer
The day I got the new mouring cover
The day I first surfed my wake
The 4th of July watching fireworks on the lake
with nearly my entire family on the boat.
The day my bestest freind came back to visit
after moving out of state. We rode in 53* water with shorties!!!!
The first time I got it in the garage after
much work making room.
The day I got a new 6.1 Megapix camera and detailed the boat for pictures.
The first time I took my daughter out riding
with a bunch of her friends.
Every day its detailed and clean.
Old     (kvkev)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-21-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
Worst day Nov 2 2003 tore my ACL right knee. Tantrum that came up short and slamed second wake.
2nd best day. Nov 3 2004 Surgery ACL Replacement.
Best day Aug 28 2004 My 8 year old girl Corbyn got up on a wakeboard and went for as long as she wanted.
Even my wosrt day was better than work.
count your blessings!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-21-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
wellput sandbag
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-21-2005, 2:59 PM Reply   
Maybe I've only had my boat for about a year and maybe I haven't hurt myself (yet..) but I haven't had a worst day. you too TSO
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-21-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
best day was after the new boat was broke in enough to ride behind-worst was when I hydrolik'd the motor and the boat was down for the summer.......(sux)
Old     (air_dooley)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-21-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
The first day I dreamed about towing her where-ever. The second day has got to be the look my sweetie gave me as she got ready to ride!! I knew those eyes when she was 16. too sweet!!