Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    dannyboy04            10-22-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Anyone have experience with this boat. Curious as to wake shape and overall coolness factor...thoughts?
Old    dannyboy04            10-22-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
Session Boat? Anyone ride behind one? Thoughts?
Old    spoon            10-22-2004, 9:28 AM Reply   
Lovely spam, wonderful spam!

I'll have the spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans and spam.
I luv it.
Spam, spam, spam

http://www.mailmsg.com/sounds/spam-song.wav

(Message edited by spoon on October 22, 2004)
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2004, 9:42 AM Reply   
Dan-

Most people on here feel they are extremely overpriced and a better boat can be found for less. Try and get some feedback from someone who owns one and is not a dealer. It's gonna be tough because the only people on here who I've seen post good things such as it's "better than the X-Star" and is the "best boat ever" have been found to be dealers doing nothing other than spamming like Joe Mama said. Good luck I've seen one on BoatTrader.com for sale by owner you might want to try and e-mail him if you can find it. My opinion is there are a ton of better offers out there.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2004, 9:57 AM Reply   
Also Dan you might want to post in the boats & boats accessories section. I see you're new here so you might have to convice people that you're not a Sessions dealer looking to put out the name of the boat.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Are you a dealer or salesperson? It sounds like it to me because of your generalized question and multiple threads on the same questions. Your actions make me curious as to what your trying to do?

If you want to know what people think about Session Boats read this thread.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/173627.html

That will answer your questions.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on October 22, 2004)
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
I know a couple of people that swear buy the wake. "the best wake I have ever ridden with the stock ballast." I personally don't like the way they look, but have never been on the wake.
Old    dannyboy04            10-22-2004, 10:32 AM Reply   
I am not a dealer, just looking to buy my first boat. Saw one on e-bay and thought it had great features for all around fun. Never heard of one before, so was curious to find out from wake-boarders what the deal was. I have an 18 year old son who wake-boards, not professionally, I'm just learning, and am trying to create some family outings doing things he likes to do. Don't want to spend a ton of money, but I don't want him to not like the boat either.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-22-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
Ahh I see. Just curious because if you read that thread a dealer came on here a few months ago trying to hype up Session and pretty much got flamed for it becuase of his approach and his comments.

Wish I could help you out but never been on one.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
For all around fun, quality of boat, and resale value check out Correct Craft, Mastercraft, Sanger, Tige, and Malibu for all recent models you should be able to price one for the same price people are asking for Sessions boats, and you'll find a boat that's practical and you can resell.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-22-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
Ryan dont forget Supra and Moomba

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
I would go with Supra or Malibu. Thats what I'm looking at getting right now.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       10-22-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
i can speak up for supra, i'm on my third right now. skiers choice makes incredible boats that i would put against any other brand out there. i would say nautiques have an edge on supra with their 5 year warranty, but you definitely pay for it. check out the moombas & supras--- you wont be disappointed!
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-22-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hey chuck, can you email me some pics of your wake? I hear that they are like Malibu's but haven't ridden behind one yet. How much weight do you put in it? Sorry for the questions and thanks.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-22-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
Hey what about Calabria? The Pro-V is a great boat.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-22-2004, 10:49 PM Reply   
Dan, its a good boat. Buut....there are a lot of good boats. The best boat is the one you get the best deal on. The real price of a boat is the differance between what you buy it for and what you sell it for. So...make sure you buy (whatever boat) it right!!!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-23-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
I dig the rear seating. I would very much like to ride behind one.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       10-23-2004, 1:28 PM Reply   
i dont have any pics of the wake, and i just got the boat winterized. my buddy is burning a dvd of some of the riding we did this season & i'll try to post it when i get it. i have the gravity games bags in my boat. depending on who u ask they range from 2200 to 2600lbs. the wake is incredible. it's huge & rampy with a nice lip at the top with the wake plate all the way up. i lower the plate all the way for some of the less experienced riders. it helps take the size or "height" out of the wake. last time we were out my buddy jesse started his run & we forgot to lower the plate for him. he's trying to stick his w2w. well, he cut out into the flats & got ready to start his progressive edge and completely crapped all over himself when he saw the wake with the plate up for the first time. we laughed our butts off!! anyway--- with the gg bags the wake is a beast!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-25-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
I rode behind a brand new Session this weekend. Thanks, Jim.

First, the wake was very nice with 5 people and stock ballast. A good mix of ramp/vert and firm. I rode at 70 feet and 22mph, but could have easily rode at 80 feet and 23mph.

Second, the layout is awesome. It felt big (including the bow) and the seating was very functional.

Third, I didn't drive it but it seemed to handle very well. Didn't hear the prop wash out once on some pretty tight turns.

Lastly, the finish seemed very nice. The vinyl is top notch, the boat ran pretty solid with the weight and it seemed to have power to spare(6.2 ltr Merc).
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-25-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
Since someone asked about the Supra wake: Here's an SSV wake with GG bags, 2 people, plus around 250lb. on the floor in back. The speed was probably 22.5-23 and the rope was probably 75 ft. The wake is getting a little crust on top in the picture because it's the opposite wake.

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       10-25-2004, 5:10 PM Reply   
maybe it's the angle the picture was taken, but that sure doesnt look like my wake. i think it's just a bad pic to show how the shape of the wake looks.
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       10-25-2004, 5:11 PM Reply   
or maybe the wakeplate is partially or completely down.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-27-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
hey i have had a master craft x-star (before the pickle fork design), and a malibu. we just got a session in march and its by far the best all around boat. the tv yea is a waste of money but we didnt buy it for that. we liked it because you dont have to have alot of fat sacks, just one in the back if there is just you and someone else. the wake is awesome..its between a malibu and mastercraft, its got a nice rampy shape and its not soft or anything. the seats in the back that flip up are great for watching the riders and are really comfortable. this boat gets to much negative talk bc its not the mastercraft or nautique. well people get over that bc this boat really is nice and i wouldnt be saying it if it wasnt. ive had riders over to ride behind it such as trevor hansen, chris law, ben greenwood, derick grasmen, and kevin henshaw, and they all liked it and were suprised how nice and big the wake was. so really just give it a chance and before you talk smack, ride behind it!
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-27-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
chuck,

I'm sure the wakeplate was all the way up. That's the angle from the observer's seat. As I said in the post, the crust on the top is because it's the opposite wake. That looks like the general shape to me though. What's the difference that you are seeing?
Old    vern            10-27-2004, 5:08 PM Reply   
Sounds like the boat is a pretty descent one, but people didn't like the flaming. Hey, to each is his own I guess.
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-27-2004, 9:32 PM Reply   
Kaley,

You had Trevor Hansen over to ride behind your boat and he was surprised at how nice the wake was? Is this the same Trevor Hansen who used to be sponsored by them and have his own Session?

Also, you say that the rear seats are "really comfortable?" Innovative, definitely. But comfortable?? That seems like a HUGE stretch. Those seats are anything but comfortable.

Finally, why is it that almost all the people plugging this boat have less than 10 or 20 posts (except for wakeguru)?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-28-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
I always wonder about those kind of posts as well, Matt. It's obvious Trevor is biased.

I don't know what their motivation is, but I'm not promoting it for anyone - I own an MC. I've been behind all kinds of towboats for 15+ years and I thought I'd chime in and give a riders opinion since I rode behind one for the first time last weekend. It doesn't have the traditional Wakeboard Boat feel, but it has all of the ingredients of a good one.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-28-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
i guess i should of made it clear...except trevor, were surprised. i just figured everyone would know i was talking about all those riders except him. those back seats are pretty comfortable, i wouldnt make it up. no one that sat in it thought they were unconfortable. im not saying that this is the ONLY good boat. im just sticking up for it when people talk smack about it being such a crappy boat, bc it really isnt.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-28-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
hey matt are you the matt that works for supra? bc if you are hey its kaley from when we met a couple weeks ago at lunch with trevor at santiagos.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-28-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
Kaley / cwb12

It appears you have 2 profiles / a accounts and most of your posts are promiting the session, it seems kinda odd thats why we are skeptical...

Since you own this boat and ride behind it all the time - can you post some pics of the interior and the wake? I'd like to get a closer look at the seats you are talking about an more importantly the wake? Can you post a couple pics of each? Thnx!

-= peace =-
Old    spoon            10-28-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
New, low-key campaign

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-28-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
Although not the best pics of me wakeboarding, here is my wake: 2001 Supra Launch SSV, 1000 of ballast, and only 2 people on board.

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-28-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Right on Erik, I have ridden behind a Supra before and they put out a FAT wake IMO....

My Question is to CWB12/Kaley and several other users ( session owners ) who have posted on these boards talking about how "nice" the boat is, "innovaitive" the seats are, and how "big" the wake ie, etc, etc, etc....

I have not seen a SINGLE pic of a session boat out on the water by any of these users, a pic of the wake or the interior??? Anyone else?

I am not trying to bash the boat, I just want to SEE an actual pic of the boat in action and no one has stepped up?

-= peace =-
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       10-28-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
ditto.

Do they have a website?
Old    spoon            10-28-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
http://www.sessionboats.com/

They are made by Regal.

Erik: sweet photos of Powell.
I'm so missin' it. Our last trip was in '01. Maybe in 05.
Old     (cwb12)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-28-2004, 5:53 PM Reply   
hey aaron, what do you mean i have 2 profiles? i just found my password and user name a few days ago and thats when i started posting, so im new at this. sure ill send you some pics of my boat while someone is riding. im outta town this weekend so ill get them to ya next week. you want pics of the inside too?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-29-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
CWB 12 -

No worries.... I would love to check out some pics of the baot, the wake, that would be great CWB... Appreciate your time, I'll be looking fwd' to em =)

-= peace =-
Lzy
Old     (ajwaker)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-02-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
I just took couple pictures of the wake behind a 2004 SessionSI. Matt on 80ft at @ 22.5mph. 1400lbs, four in the boat.

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-03-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Thanks J-

The wake looks clean, it looks like its a decent / good size as well! Do you need lots of weight / sacs and does it havce a automatic ballast?

Also in regards to the seats, is it "legal" to sit there? I know in the Delta sitting on the side of the boat even @ 5mph is a ticket / fine?

-= peace =-
Lzy
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-03-2004, 9:39 AM Reply   
as long as your hips are 4" below the rail, it's legal. That's what Regal says anyway.
Old     (ajwaker)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-03-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
Aaron,
The wake is clean properly @ 100ft back. The stock ballast is only 620lbs in the SI and 920lbs in XI. Not enough for me. Right now I just sack it out to get what I want. There is pently of room in the back and sides, front and floor locker. I have to do tight double ups in my lake and the boat handles well, without prop slip or wash. Unlike my friend's sack out WakesetterVLX. Un-weighted the boat handles close to a DD-Boat. I would know sense the boat the Session replaced is a 2001 Malibu SunsetterLXI. Still for Sale by the way. Anyone interested in boat, look in the classifieds.
Old     (ajwaker)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-03-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
I am going try and post some more pictures of the wake behind my 2004 Session SI. This is Steve. He is at 75 or 80ft. This guy weights @ 210lbs dry by the way. SI doesn't have the back seats for those with safety concerns.