Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (longhorn_skier)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-20-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
City of Residence:

Are you currently a boat owner?

If yes, what brand of boat do you own?

Are you looking to buy a new boat?

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important?

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first?

Have you heard of Tige?

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.?

Thanks, replies would be a great help!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-20-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Flood gates open.....
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-20-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
...popcorn anyone?
Old    alanp            02-20-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
shall i offer my legal name social security number and date of birth too?
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
ill bite

City of Residence: 1000 oaks , ca

Are you currently a boat owner? yup

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? 06 malibu VLX

Are you looking to buy a new boat? nope

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? layout/wake/balast/finish

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? Malibu ;)

Have you heard of Tige? yup

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.?
nice boat ... finished product seemed a little lacking in quality compared to mali or mastercraft
Old     (longhorn_skier)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-21-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
I guess I should have explained I'm an advertising major at The University of Texas. I'm working on an advertising campaign for Tige in an advertising class. This survey is purely academic and names and personal information are not going to be included in the project in any way, but are needed to build a demographic profile. Responses are appreciated.
Old     (rbc_racing)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-21-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
I'll give it a shot also

City of Residence: Atlanta, GA

Are you currently a boat owner? yeah

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? 04 moomba mobius

Are you looking to buy a new boat? Not really, but always looking for a deal if I find it

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? Layout, wake, ballast, ballast location

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? Supra

Have you heard of Tige? yeah

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.? I'm not big on bling and I don't feel the need to pay an extra 10k just for some billet guages(consider the pot stirred) I'm more into it for functionality than prestige anyway. I did go to the demo day for the new tige dealer here in Atl and I was impressed by the quality and finish of the demo boats. They also had a great wake, I don't know what ballast they were running however
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-21-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
I'll bite

I'm 25

I'm a Project Manager

I live in Midtown Houston

If owning is paying the payments I suppose so!

'07 X-Star

Just got a new one

Bottom line, construction, reputation, and ability to personalize

Donzi, Correct Craft, Scarab, Hatteras, MC of course. When I think boats, I think of the boats I've been aboard that I've actually looked twice and been impressed with the fit/finish/design of said vessel.

Tige oh yea

Owners really believe in the boats they have bought. If you faced me with angry groups of MB, Nauti, or MC owners I'd still be more afraid of the Tige guys. They represent the drive and willingness to impress that the big three have since abandoned. I've only been in a few Tige's and never a dealership, but I'll tell you two instances that have impressed me. First, I can not tell you ONE single person that has walked away from the dealership in The Woodlands that has not gotten exemplary service. May it be a business associate walking in to buy a boat, or an 18 year old just dreaming about one, they all have nothing but good things to say about the level of service. I can not say anything near as nice about my MC dealer... Second, while on my way to a wedding out in West Texas I stopped at some random gas station near Abline. Sure enough I see a plain White wake boat sitting behind an un-assuming truck filling up. The boat had Black Magic marker all over it. I looked like crap after about 8 hours of Sunshine and Ponies (multiple girls in the car), and still the guys noticed me eying the boat. They asked if I was familiar with wakeboarding, and playing slightly dumb I said kinda, and asked what they were up to with the boat. They mentioned that they were responsible for taking a random boat out of the Tige assembly line every day and pounding the snot out of it just to note areas that could be improved
(circled in marker). They even invited me to come out boarding if I had time (might have been due to the 3 hot albiet ditzy women that were traveling with me). I asked if the job sometimes got dull, to which they looked at me honestly and said they had the best jobs in the world. Now I'd love to do the same for MC, but any company that inspires this kind of following in it's owners, fans, and employees has to have something going for it. Enough of my rant, I hope it helps. Matt
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-21-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
You know, if you just gave us a link to a website where we could fill out these surveys you would probably get many more responses.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-22-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
Art, from one of the 4 people that posted the exact same survey one of them was smart enough to do exactly that, here is the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=459623341347.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-22-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Thanks evil
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       02-22-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
City of Residence: San Jose, CA

Are you currently a boat owner? For Life

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? 07 Malibu LSV

Are you looking to buy a new boat? Not any more

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? Quality, Service, Style

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? All of the major tow boats (ie MC, Bu, Nauti Centurion, Sanger, Supreme, MB

Have you heard of Tige? Yes

IMO. Having spent countless hours in almost every major boat brand sold in CA, I find Tiges to be built very well especially for the price point they are competing in. MC, Bu and Nauti are still a notch above, but not as far ahead as in past models Tige has turned out. This being said I have not spent any time in the water on a Tige (at least any models 5 years or newer.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-22-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Fine fine...

City of Residence: Wasaga Beach ON. Definately not considered a city.

Are you currently a boat owner? yeah

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? Correct Craft.

Are you looking to buy a new boat? no

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? price, wake, quality, service, layout, in that order

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? I guess Correct Craft, but I consider all the major towboat brands.

Have you heard of Tige? yeah

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.? The whole idea of building a boat that does not need ballast is intriguing, but is bull---- in my opinion. Every Tige I've been in had the wake improve with ballast. Good stock wake though - that I'll give Tige. Quality seemed right up there with the big boys.

Thanks, replies would be a great help!
Old     (jimzgirly)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-22-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
City of Residence: Hacienda Heights, CA

Are you currently a boat owner? Yup

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? 06 Centurion Avalanche C4

Are you looking to buy a new boat? Nope

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? Price,Looks and Fun Times

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? Centurion, MC, Correct Craft they have been aroud since hubby's parents bought a Centurion in 1985. A lot of the others are too new to judge.

Have you heard of Tige? Did you say "Tiger", haha jk, yes

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.? Don't really care for them, too much money for what they have to offer. I am a Centurion lover and always will be.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
I just sold my centurion and in the process of buying a B-52
features: good surf wake, tons of ballast, ability to surf without adding sacs, quality, looks
Brands: Malibu, MC, Nautique, Centurion, MB
yes i've heard of Tige and looked into
Tige perception: kind of more of a ski boat... like the boat your dad would buy. don't thingk they put stock ballast and taps doesn't cut it, especially for surfing although I hear some work well if you add lots of weight. Appear to have high quality construction.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
ge:
City of Residence:

Are you currently a boat owner? yes

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? one and only(nautique)

Are you looking to buy a new boat? nope

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? price

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? correct craft ans mastercraft

Have you heard of Tige? yes

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.? junk junky and more junk.....should i keep going.....really there is no comparison, like comparing a porche to a cobalt ss
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-25-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
Ryan - just curious. You mentioned price as your only important feature, but you purchased one of the most expensive brands.

If price was the only feature you were looking for, I would have thought you'd be in a Moomba.
Old     (bobbynipper)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-25-2007, 7:06 AM Reply   
Pharmacist
Gainesville,Florida ( GO Gators)
owner 2004 supra launch ls
Not looking to buy unless I got a super deal on a 24' ssv
Nautique,mc,malibu supra in that order.
Turned off by high priced boats. So Supra is my
choice. Beleive most boats which have been around a long time are good.
Tige heard of it. Not many around here.
Thanks. My first post. lol
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
mike- ever heard of "you get what you pay for"....thanks, but no thanks!
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-25-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
In 2005 I demoed a Tige 22V. It was one of the three boats I was considering at the time. The boat seemed to be well built and of very high quality. There were two things that made me choose a different brand.
1. When I was driving the boat it felt like I was driving a I/O. I was constantly adjusting the Taps system to get the boat to handle and perform to my liking.
2. When I was sitting in the back seat while my wife was driving, I could feel the vibration of the engine through the seat, which made for an uncomfortable ride.
I am not bashing Tige, I am just sharing what I experienced. Overall, I thought it was a good quality boat, but not what I was looking for.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-25-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Ryan - I'm not disagreeing with you man! But I'd argue quality is definately up there on your list of things to consider when purchasing.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-25-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
City of Residence: Thornton, NH

Are you currently a boat owner? Yes

If yes, what brand of boat do you own? 2005 Tige 22i

Are you looking to buy a new boat? No

When you are looking to purchase a new boat what features are most important? Price, Comfort, Seating, Dealer location, Dealer Reputation, Brand Reputation, Service, Appearance, style.

When you think of boats, what brands come to mind first? Tige (I own one) M/C, CC, Malibu.

Have you heard of Tige? Yes, Own one

If yes, what are you thoughts about Tige in comparison to other brands such as Mastercraft and Malibu, etc.? Nearly comparable quality, excellent dealer service and reputation, greater focus on boat versatility, slightly less price than big 3...
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-25-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
this same survey is going on at correccraftfan and also i believe planet nautique.....if you own a tige dont read the surveys there unless you want your feelings hurt!.....all in all everyones got different opinions, always cool to see what others think and say.
Old     (seanmcd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-25-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
LOL, My feelings hurt? I guess that depends on whether or not you care about what OTHER people think of your boat. I don't, therefore I think it will be ok.

I would care if I was not happy with my boat though, that would be a problem. It's all good.

Sean
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-25-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
Upload