Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    jeff_h            07-19-2004, 6:52 PM Reply   
I've been boarding for about a year or so and have been doing pretty well. I was out on the water today and lost feeling in my toes! Is this normall, or is it my bindings?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
your bindings, what kind do you have? try adjusting them different ways to fit you better.
Old    jeff_h            07-19-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
I have 2003 Liquid Force Speed Bindings. I have loosend them and moved them to almost every position that you can move them to. I don't know if I need new bindings or what. But it is kinda hard to board when you can't feel your toes.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-19-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
ohhh, those arnt the best of bindings. try upgrading to something a little more popular. those are liquid forces low end bindings. Go for the higher end bindings like ultras and exos. Try ebay if you are low on cash.
Old    absolutofft            07-19-2004, 8:57 PM Reply   
That happened all the time in my ultras, now that I have parks it rarely happens. BTW my XL ultras were smaller than my large parks.
Old    wakechick            07-20-2004, 5:29 AM Reply   
The older LF bindings did tend to run small. I normally wear a medium binding and I could barely fit into a medium Ultra. After 3 minutes I couldn't feel my feet. I've got medium Alphas now and they fit great - no adjusting needed at all.

If you have to, loosen up the top overlay to give your foot a little more space in the binding.
Old    jeff_h            07-20-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
I think that I will try to get some transits while I am down at Surf Expo this year. I was just wondering. Thanx guys. What about a new board. I want to progress more but I don't know what type of board I should get. I am riding a 143 now and after riding a 136 it feels like a sheet of plywood. what should I do?
Old    wake__freak_66            07-24-2004, 3:47 PM Reply   
that usually happens to me. i would just take a break
Old    jeff_h            07-24-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hope it wont happen anymore. I just pick up a new 04 LF Fusion 139 and 04 LF Alpha Bindings.

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-24-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
yes its normal