Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2012, 6:56 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I hope this is the right spot. The question is in regards to marine grade audio, and I know there are some absolute guru's on here.

I have a 1970 FJ40 and need some creative guidance. I have about 9inX12in in the glove box where I want to mount a marine grade amp. I need it to power 2 6X9's effectively with only an ipod as input. I need it to work, but not be too expensive as I am not interested in being too bummed out if someone yanks it if I happen to be at the beach or something. I have speakers under control for the most part. I'm looking for mid quality sound at best.

I'm having a hard time finding something that will fit and ran accross this little gadget. I understand it is not pushing out QUALITY watts or the QTY it says. What do you think?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...FZFR7AodOE5CAg

I'm just looking for some tunes fellas'. Open to all suggestions for an affordable solution.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-28-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
What about a syn micro or something along those lines? Only 8x4 and will give you 75x2
http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/produ...ICRO_spec.html
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-28-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
You certainly can't argue with the value but you must understand that the amplifier in question will not deliver even a fraction of its rated RMS power. A small and efficient Class H or D amplifier would be a far better choice but neither will be in the same price range. There is nothing wrong with going the route that you are considering as long as you are realistic about the true performance.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (philwsailz)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-28-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Kicker has the PXi50.2 amplified controller for iPod. 25 watts x 2, 2-ohm stable, with 1A-5V charging for your Apple device when connected, It comes with a remote control that will operate the iPod, controllling volume, track selection, and playlist selection. It has a random button to shuffle tunes and the whole remote is backlit...

Just a thought.

Phil
Kicker
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Damn, that sounds sick and from a trusted name Phil. I'll check that out! No way am I throwing a wetsounds in that glovebox for someone to jump all over.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses by the way. Evaluating these options as we speak. David, I know what you mean about realistic expectations. I dont think that Pyle kit is going to cut it for me honestly.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-28-2012, 6:32 PM Reply   
I am buying one of Phil's units for my Polaris
Do u guys think 25 watts is enough for a pair of 5.25's?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-29-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
just to play devil's advocate, you could go with a jl xd 200/2 amp, an isimple is76 ipod cable, and a pac LC-1 for about $250. You'd control the tunes from the ipod, and the LC-1 would be your volume knob. Those amps are tiny, but have balls.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-29-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
I think I am leaning towards the kicker PX100.2. I dont need the frills of the controls or charging capabilities and this will give me a bit more juice to push 6X9's. I appreciate the suggestions from everyone. If I pull the trigger and install, I will report back.