Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (rj_jr)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-09-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
My family has a 2000 Maristar, and before the spring hits, I would like to buy a few sacs and maybe some lead to help with my wake. I was thinking about putting a sac on each side of the engine and then maybe one in the ski locker. I want to put some kind of weight under the front seats. Has anyone ever sacs/lead in a maristar and if so how much
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
100 - 200 lbs. Lead is great if you can find it. Read the other threads in here & people are having problems getting it.
Another idea might be to use sand, old dumb bells, or Fly High's integrated bow sac. I've been thinking about using an old locker sac (200 lbs) under the bow seats in my Vride.
Old    sandvign            02-09-2008, 2:43 PM Reply   
In a 1999 Maristar 230 (same boat as 2000-2004 X-30) we run 750s on each side of the engine, 540 in the locker, two 250s in bow along with about 125-150 worth of lead. Then we put one 750 on the floor and another in the walkway. Had JD Webb, Brian Grubb, Adam Errington, Colin Harrington, and Reed Hanson ride behind it and they had no complaints at all. Sweet spot for us is 80' at 23-23.5 mph. Boat throws insanely clean doubles.

If you don't want to add as much weight as we are running just go with what we have hidden and you won't be disappointed. Another suggestion is to stick with the new Fly High sacs. They are a much larger initial investment but worth every penny. Incredibly thick and the seams are really strong. Look at getting a new prop sometime also. The stock prop on the Maristars sucks once you start adding weight. We have the Acme 1235 14.5x14.25 and it is without a doubt the best investment we've made since getting the boat. Good luck man and have some fun with it!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Nicholas,
If my math is correct...your running 4190lbs?
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
We're going for all hidden this summer in our Maristar 225.

I'm runnin' a 540 locker sac, Prob 400 in lead in the back, or thats what I'm goin for, and some lead under the front seats. Dad isn't to keen on the sacs, he'd rather have everything in the boat already, I know, big no-no, but he's paying for it, I don't complain. It's in the upholstery shop right now, getting a zero flex flyer in a month, and will be ready to ride in March. I prefer the mellow wake of the DD, and 1300 plus people will be plenty for me, my friends, our Mastercraft team riders at Houston MC, and anyone else that's riding with us!!
Old    sandvign            02-12-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
KG - Yeah we run roughly 4000 lbs. The boat is a work horse man! It has the Corvette engine and with the new prop (Acme 1235) runs at 3900 RPMs at 23 mph and gets on plane in roughly 8 seconds. This is compared to the old stock prop with which we ran a lot less weight, about 2500, took about 12-15 seconds to plane out, and still ran at like 3600 RPM doing 22.5 mph. The wake is really clean, well shaped with a nice lip, and of course plenty big. The old girl runs like a champ though!! She will be featured in the upcoming video Red Bull Blackout that Ronn Seidenglanz and Red Bull put together. Going to be on Fuel TV, will let you know when more details are released for that. Check out the link below for a little teaser and the picture of her sitting nice and low in the water.

Red Bull Blackout Teaser - Nighttime Wakeboarding at its finest!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ukBWQsluk

Upload
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
you don't have the built in platform on the 230 do you??
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 8:30 PM Reply   
and what tower is that?? Our maristar looks alot like that, I love those lines, they're classic!!
Old    sandvign            02-12-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
No it has a removable fiberglass tower. The boat is a 1999 230 Sport. Not too many of them out there. They are the same boat as the 230 VRS except they came with a little different color scheme on the interior, the fiberglass platform, Corvette engine, and the main thing is the twin captains chairs as opposed to wrap around seating. Wish it had the wrap around but it was purchased used in 2003.

As for the tower it is the OEM tower for 2001?-2004 I believe. Classic tower. Looks great. Strong and sturdy. Put it on in 2004 after picking it up at Midwest Mastercraft. Opted for the black powdercoat which looks amazing!!
Old    sandvign            02-12-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I should also note that it is not even my boat. It is my friend Stefan's boat, however we have collectively thrown money into it to pimp it out. The add ons we have done since he got add up pretty quick and having a group to chip in here and there really makes the bills hurt that much less. He and I are pretty tight so I really have no problem whatsoever dumping money into a boat that isn't even mine. Plus I am in it nonstop and probably drive it more than he does. Thats even me driving in the picture above. Don't know if you are interested but the list of add ons we have done have been:

The tower, Perfect Pass, new CD player, two amps, two 12" subs, new prop, a bunch of sacs and pumps through the years, 4 Fusion tower speakers, tower nav light, just got all the seats re-upholstered, and tower mirror arm. We have talked about doing new interior speakers but aren't sure yet. Maybe. Pretty sick boat and the amount of fun we have had in that thing is worth every penny we have thrown into it.
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
It's a beautiful tower, I'm calling my shop tomorrow and ordering one!! Who's your boss at Midwest?? I'm trying to remember who works there, I'm at Houston MC, and I love every minute of it!! Can you give me some info on the red bull deal to?? What does it entail, and how'd you get it?? I wanna work at MC after college, and love networking my way around with different companies and would be interested in some sort of job with red bull!! Your job just sounds awesome!!!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
I'm working on all the add-ons on our fam boat now, it helps working at a dealership and being very close to a bunch of people in the industry!!

Perfect Pass and stereo are next on my list, we just re-did the upholstery, are getting a ton of lead, and ordering a tower sometime this week!! I know the owner of Lucky Devil fairly well, so I think that's what were throwing on the tower, when we get it lol!!
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-13-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
bump.