Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-03-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
So I've been having issues with my 250 lately and it has spent another 1.5 weeks in the shop. The main issue that I was having was very low boost and pick up. Well the solution, a sweep of the VGT? Needless to say there was condensation build up but they could not answer my question as to how this happened or how to avoid it. Any one had this issue in the past? Also I asked them to update my SYNC system and low and behold they told me that this was performed however when I logged onto my SYNC account it was not performed. Needless to say I've caught them in a lie!!!! I'm sick of untrustworthy dealers. Any recommendations?

Chris
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-04-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
Is your EGR deleted
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-04-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
If its the 6.4 Liter then the DPF Filter could have a lot to do with it. If you are still running the DPF then I highly recommend deleting it. I had nothing but issues until I did this and now the truck runs great with good power & way better fuel mileage. My truck is pushing 175K so no warranty, if you have a warranty this will void it. This might not solve your problem of condensation, just something I have experienced that helps these truck out tremendously.
Old     (blackstang)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-05-2013, 8:21 AM Reply   
I work for a Ford dealer and unfortunately when we update your vehicle like with a flash drive, we can not log on to your SYNC account and show that you have been updated. If your vehicle is a 2009 it is probably past warranty and in these cases I always do quick updates as a courtesy service for customers and do not charge the customer thus nothing is recorded. Not sure if this is what happened for you or not?
As for your other problem do you let the truck sit and idle a lot, on cold start warm ups? If so I would limit the amount of time you let it set and idle. After long periods of extended idle I would always run the truck fairly hard to held eliminate build up in the motor. Hope this helps you some?
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-05-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
I had a 09 as well and removing the DPF was night and day.. If you're out of warranty id remove it and and get a tune and enjoy.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-05-2013, 6:20 PM Reply   
Well, got at least one answer. The guy that I was dealing with got let go for unknown reasons. He did indeed lie to me and the truck was not updated. Upon talking with the manager he is going to make it right. I do have an extended service plan from ford due to all the issues that I had initially from the get go. No DPF delete because of this however ultimately one will be done. John, never do cold starts always attempt to perform the wait to start or its plugged in however it will sit and idle occasionally but this is usually after towing for long distances or after a long day on the road. John, any clues on why I had this problem initially? Thanks for all the help! You guys are tempting me to delete and tune

Chris
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       12-06-2013, 6:18 AM Reply   
You won't be disappointed and your wallet will appreciate it.
Old     (blackstang)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-06-2013, 7:52 AM Reply   
If you can find a DPF delete kit cheap now and plan to later install it I would purchase it.. They have become virtually impossible to get, at least in my area. I've seen kits selling for $1700.00 due to supply and demand. Can you copy and paste the comments portion of what they actually did to your truck from your repair order? Or pm your vin so I can look up what they did to it? Like I said, drive the truck hard occasionally (drive it like you stole it) It will help prevent this type of problem..
Old    Paxdad            12-06-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I would encourage you to go to the ford-truck.com forum and look at the threads specific to your motor. There is a lot of information some good and some not so good.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-09-2013, 2:52 PM Reply   
Thanks again for the input. John, I've done very little research thus far however which dpf delete systems are best. I've found a local company that sells them around here. Here is a pic of what was done to my truck. Let me know if you still need my vin
Chris
Attached Images