Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (spenchey)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-17-2008, 3:11 PM Reply   
Hey guys i'm looking to put PP stargazer on my 06 Tige 22v. It has the 340 gm vortec. Can some one give my instructions on how to install this i will be doing most of this install by myself and i'm not super mechanically inclined. Also, I haven't ordered my PP yet. WHen i call do i need to order anything else? Or can i just tell them i need the whole stargazer system? Any other info you think i would need is helpful, thanks.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-17-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Very easy.
Install gauge. You need a hole, so take out a gauge, plug, or buy a hole saw.
Install the control unit. Screws or wire ties somewhere under the dash or behind a panel. Find ignition power and a ground. Usually there is a junction post that you can connect to. A test light or voltmeter will tell you what has power when the ignition is on.
Install the antenna. In front of the dash looking up through the glass is good. They give you velcro tape.
Find a tach signal. Connect to the back of the dash tachometer wire or tee into the line, or run a line from the engine if you have a tack signal wire back there.
If you have a mechanical throttle install the control servo with hose clamps and connect the servo to the throttle cable. You need pliers. Run wires from the servo to the control unit. (easy but the hardest part of the installation)
If you have drive by wire throttle connect the cable instead of installing a servo.
Plug the installed parts into the control module.
Drink a beer while you turn the ignition on to see if it works and gets a lock on satellites.
Drink another beer to congratulate yourself.

Their instructions are better and easy to follow but they don't mention the beer.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
Sigh...I have a 7 yr extended warranty on mine so I am having a dealership put mine in. I can't do anything to my boat myself or it will void the warranty of that section (ie electrical/ignition in this case). Spencer, I talked to perfect pass already to determine what all would have to be done, you need to let them know what type of motor it is and carbed or mpi or drive by wire and they should be able tell you right then what you need. Be careful though when calling perfect pass, its a Canadian number and at least on Verizon, its a little pricey ($15 for 20 mins of convo.)