Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Kizabgd)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-27-2011, 12:08 PM Reply   
Hi to everyone, and greetings from Belgrade.
I want to buy a good board for cable, and 2011 Liquid Force Harley LTD Grind looks fine for that. So, does anybody know anything about that board - is it good for cable, how is the edging, cut, response... Is it good as LF Witness or is it simply better to buy LF Witness even if it is not Grind and is from 2009? Rails and obstacles are less important...
If someone has a better suggestion please feel free to recommend.
Thanks in advance!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-27-2011, 12:53 PM Reply   
I was expecting a vid of Harley riding the cable somewhere. Lol
Old    logan            12-27-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
I would strongly consider Slingshot, CTRL or Humanoid before Liquid Force. I'm not sure if these brands are available to you or what your price range is like but if you can get one of these you would be much happier with your purchase and be helping the little guy in the process,
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-27-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
Sparky - Me too! Argh!

Kiza - Why are rails/obstacles less important? If it's because you're new to them, then don't count them out. I bet you'll learn to hit them soon enough. If you go Liquid Force, then definitley get a grind base. Tom Foshee has a new model for 2012 called the Tex. It looks pretty sweet. The Slingshot stuff is great too...slides sooooo smooth. Does your cable let you demo? That's really the only way you'l know if a board is right for you.
Old     (Kizabgd)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-27-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hey guys You are the best, and thank You all for advices.
Obstacles are not so important because I want to improve my airs and in my cable park there is only two kickers for now. I thought the LF is most reliable company, and the Harley board seems to have good cut. As a meter of fact, I'd like to buy LF Witness Grind, but there no chance to find size 136.
Last year I rode LF Watson Hybrid from 2010, but it's not good for cable. So, this year I've asked on some sites about Harley and they gave me positive opinion. But truthly I believe You more guys...
Also I heard a good opinions about Slingshot, but what model is good for cable with strong edge?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-27-2011, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizabgd View Post
Hey guys You are the best, and thank You all for advices.
Obstacles are not so important because I want to improve my airs and in my cable park there is only two kickers for now. I thought the LF is most reliable company, and the Harley board seems to have good cut. As a meter of fact, I'd like to buy LF Witness Grind, but there no chance to find size 136.
Last year I rode LF Watson Hybrid from 2010, but it's not good for cable. So, this year I've asked on some sites about Harley and they gave me positive opinion. But truthly I believe You more guys...
Also I heard a good opinions about Slingshot, but what model is good for cable with strong edge?
How is the Watson Hybrid not good for cable? There will be alot of debate about the whole LF thing, def try and demo boards. All of the boards mentioned are great boards. People have their preferences an will try and steer you either towards or away from certain companies. Not sure what your budget is??
Old     (Kizabgd)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-27-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
I tried Hyperlite Premier from my friend, and it's a much more edge hold than LF Watson Hybrid. Beside that, Watson is a great board, but I think it's definitely for riding behind a boat...
My budget is something around $320...
Again, thank You all for being in this discussion. Generally, there is more boards for boat, and I think that threads like this is always welcome...
Old     (Kizabgd)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-27-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Sorry, I made a big mistake - it's just Watson new model in 2010 (size 135) that I rode, not the Hybrid...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-27-2011, 7:14 PM Reply   
I was about to say...the watson classic is a boat board & the hybrid is cable or good behind boat as well.